Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one need a Stainless Ruger Bisley 22?

Well, I didn't go through with the Bisley deal. I bid on an auction on GunBroker for a new Ruger Single Six Conv. SST 22LR/22Mag with 6.5" barrel. I won the auction so it is on the way. My wife told me she was sure I already had one in the safe. I told her no, the one in the safe is blued. Been wanting a stainless model to haul around with me in the side by side for a fair amount of time now. That Bisley is one heck of a deal and a beautiful revolver. I just prefer having the 22 mag cylinder.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    Well, I didn't go through with the Bisley deal. I bid on an auction on GunBroker for a new Ruger Single Six Conv. SST 22LR/22Mag with 6.5" barrel. I won the auction so it is on the way. My wife told me she was sure I already had one in the safe. I told her no, the one in the safe is blued. Been wanting a stainless model to haul around with me in the side by side for a fair amount of time now. That Bisley is one heck of a deal and a beautiful revolver. I just prefer having the 22 mag cylinder.
    You can always put a Bisley gripframe on it...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

I would imagine that a 22 mag cylinder will fit these new Bisleys. Mine is suppose to be here today so I'll try it tonight. I have a couple magnum cylinders around here somewhere.

I'm interested in knowing how it works out.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    I'm interested in knowing how it works out.
    The gun showed up yesterday but I was busy last night so didn't get a chance to try it. I will tonight and let you know!

Magnum cylinder works fine! Iím taking it rabbit hunting tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Magnum cylinder works fine! Iím taking it rabbit hunting tomorrow!
    Thanks much for the update. I'm glad it worked for you. Now you have a Bisley with a mag cylinder! Awesome!!!!

I love my new Bisley and arctic ammunition was great! First gun Iíve bought online and it was super easy. Thanks EKC for the tip and thanks also to the others for suggestions on FFLs.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBC View Post
    I love my new Bisley and arctic ammunition was great! First gun Iíve bought online and it was super easy. Thanks EKC for the tip and thanks also to the others for suggestions on FFLs.
    Congrats! What FFL did you end up using and what did he charge?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Congrats! What FFL did you end up using and what did he charge?
    Arctic ammunition in wasilla and it was $10. I pulled a jerk move and showed up at 6 not realizing they were closing. I offered to come back but they insisted on helping me. Nice folks and a neat store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12