Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one need a Stainless Ruger Bisley 22?

Default Any one need a Stainless Ruger Bisley 22?

Buds Gun Shop got a run of them in. I just bought one..... it was $397 to my door!

Interesting! Is it a Single-Six Bisley? What barrel length?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Interesting! Is it a Single-Six Bisley? What barrel length?
    6.5 inch https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+6.5+Stainless

I remember recently my wife bought a micro-wave oven when ours worked just fine. I asked her why? She said because it was such a good deal. My reply was... alrighty then. We'll see how that works out when this Biz shows up! Heck with the over the stove micro-wave I had to spend my whole Saturday making the cupboards fit the micro-wave and then fish a wire up from the basement and a vent hose up to the roof. It was a sumbish and it was hunting season. Think I'll order another one of these Biz guns to even things up. All she has to do is sign for them and then hand them over to me. No crawling around in the attic whilst cussin or nothin!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Oh man, that's awesome! I've already converted a 4.5" Single-Six to Bisley, and it's not good timing financially, but it's tempting!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

I hate to say this but I use my microwave about a thousand times more often than any of my single six's...without it coffee would always be cold...right! I must admit all mine are blued steel and none are Bisley's. Think I'll go warm up a cup now.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I hate to say this but I use my microwave about a thousand times more often than any of my single six's...without it coffee would always be cold...right! I must admit all mine are blued steel and none are Bisley's. Think I'll go warm up a cup now.
    You mean you Alaskans arenít still cooking with wood! Ha! Canít ya just rig up a magnifying glass in the sun to warm your coffee. I guess that would be akin to me killing squirrels with a blow gun.

Okay, I don't need one either and I'm sure my wife will agree. However, I'd love to have one. I have more single six Rugers than I need but I've been wanting a stainless single six, .22 cal for quite awhile. Excuse my ignorance as I haven't purchased a new .22 for a long time but why doesn't this include a .22 mag cylinder? Are they still offering the single six .22 cal revolvers with a .22 mag cylinder or is that a thing of the past?
    Thanks
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    Okay, I don't need one either and I'm sure my wife will agree. However, I'd love to have one. I have more single six Rugers than I need but I've been wanting a stainless single six, .22 cal for quite awhile. Excuse my ignorance as I haven't purchased a new .22 for a long time but why doesn't this include a .22 mag cylinder? Are they still offering the single six .22 cal revolvers with a .22 mag cylinder or is that a thing of the past?
    Thanks
    Bud's Gun shop sells enough guns that companies like Ruger will make a special run just for them. $379 is a very low price for this gun. I assume that low price has to do with no magnum cylinder being offered.

Realistically the 22 magnum offers very little over the standard 22 LR in a handgun as the magnum requires a larger burn volume.....much of the powder just gets blown out the barrel. Shooting them through a Chrony proves that to be true.

How does a regular guy from Anchorage but guns online? Is there an FFL that most people use?

Just buy the gun with a credit card, money order etc and then have it sent to an FFL dealer near you. Buds has a long list of FFL dealers that they use. You just need to check with the FFL dealer and tell him what you are wanting to do and ask if he will accept the gun. When he says yes then you just fill out the 4473 form at the that FFL dealer when you pick up the gun. He will most likely charge you a small fee for using his FFL. Most around here don't but I always paid them something for their services.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBC View Post
    How does a regular guy from Anchorage but guns online? Is there an FFL that most people use?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/howtobuy.php
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Oh man, that's awesome! I've already converted a 4.5" Single-Six to Bisley, and it's not good timing financially, but it's tempting!
    Won't be long until I retire for good. I'm going into it thinking that financially my gun buying will stop. I will be content with the dozen or so that I have left by then.....this just needed to be one of that dozen. I would be even more content if it had a 4 5/8" barrel. About the only way to get one of those these days is the grip frame swap like you did....or cut and recrown the barrel on one of these from Buds.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Bud's Gun shop sells enough guns that companies like Ruger will make a special run just for them. $379 is a very low price for this gun. I assume that low price has to do with no magnum cylinder being offered.

Realistically the 22 magnum offers very little over the standard 22 LR in a handgun as the magnum requires a larger burn volume.....much of the powder just gets blown out the barrel. Shooting them through a Chrony proves that to be true.
    Thanks much for the info, I appreciate it. Makes sense to me, just wondering because every single six in .22 I've owned included a .22 mag cylinder. I've enjoyed shooting .22 mags in my single six .22s but apparently it isn't for everyone. Anyway, I'm going to order one tomorrow, very good deal.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Thanks EKC and Snyd. I read the FAQ on their website but was hoping someone had a recommendation for an FFL that they like to use.

Thanks EKC and Snyd. I read the FAQ on their website but was hoping someone had a recommendation for an FFL that they like to use.
    Where are you? I always heard that Three Bears is good to use...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I didn't chime in because I don't know where you are located. If you are close to the Valley, give Sterling a call at Arctic Ammon on the Palmer Wasilla Highway. I think his price is $10 but I could be wrong. However, I do remember he was half price as most the other local FFLs. The number at the shop is 907-357-3381 and I've used him several times.

Thank you 4mer and Doug. This will be a good excuse to ride out to the valley and visit friends.

Just a point of interest...the new "short barrel" 22 mag ammo helps with a little more power in pistols...doesn't make them a rifle but you get some additional juice out the muzzle. I chambered my stainless Bearcat to .22 Mag and it makes a lot more noise than the LR. and blows up soda cans full of water better too. Worth the effort I think.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Just a point of interest...the new "short barrel" 22 mag ammo helps with a little more power in pistols...doesn't make them a rifle but you get some additional juice out the muzzle. I chambered my stainless Bearcat to .22 Mag and it makes a lot more noise than the LR. and blows up soda cans full of water better too. Worth the effort I think.
    New powders coming out all the time. It doesnít surprise me that someone came up with a faster burning powder for the 22 Mag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast