Thread: MZLD Accuracy

Default MZLD Accuracy

I'm just curious what everyone gets of accuracy out of their boom stick?

I myself can usually keep a 3-4 inch grouping at a 100 yards. I honestly think if a magnification scope was legal I could do much better.... Maybe one day I should throw on a spare 9x scope just to see what it can really do.

Also, I shot with sabot bullets which I think plays a part in decent accuracy, but I'm no expert.

Lastly, what's your max distance you'll shoot at? I try to keep around 100 yards or under, but am willing to touch out to 150 if I have to, but luckily have never had to shoot over about 80 yards!

a 3-4" group with open sights at 100 yds is good, I did shoot a 5.5" group at 200 yds with open sights, it was 3 shots so I can honestly say it wasn't all lucky.... but I doubt I will be able to repeat it... with that being said I consider it a 100-150 yard gun, however if the conditions were right I would consider and probaly take a 200 yard shot.

I have been shooting blackhorn powder and Dead center bullets from Precision rifles, https://www.prbullet.com/pts.htm using a sabot that have given me the most consistent groups, they are a beautiful cast all lead bullet, which makes sense to me for a slower moving projectile.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Daniel Morgan's Riflemen, during the Revolutionary War, could hit a 5 x 9 inch shingle consistently at 250 yds with a patched round ball...
    “Move that fat ass Henry!”
    “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    Daniel Morgan's Riflemen, during the Revolutionary War, could hit a 5 x 9 inch shingle consistently at 250 yds with a patched round ball...
    Yep, and Jack Hinson was a bane to the blue during the civil war.... long barrels and steady holds...
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Battlefield Sniper: Over 100 Civil War Kills, Tom C. Lt. Col. McKenney

A fantastic read.
    “Move that fat ass Henry!”
    “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"