Thread: Need lake fishing in anchorage via boat info now!!!!!!

Talking Need lake fishing in anchorage via boat info now!!!!!!

Thanks for looking-

Im 14 and just got my first boat. A 9 1/2 foot inflatable boat for 2-3 people for 50 dollars at walmart :P. I plan on using it alot and need some info so i dont skunk my friends. Does anyone know any good lakes for going out a couple hundred feet or so and fishing? I know many of the schools of trout/pike dont come to the floating docks anymore due to pollution. I had in mind jewel or sand lake. I also needed advice on how to fish for these. I was thinking just a salmon egg 48 inches under a bobber? And how do you fish for pike on sand lake..... I need any information on lake fishing--- THANKS ALOT, PLEASE HELP--- nick

Please help I need any information

bump~ decided on jewel lake ... how far should the bobber be, does anyone have spots or recomendations? anything please

On Jewel Lake use an 18" leader, it will be fine with 1/2 a nightcrawler or small shrimp fished along the edges of the lake directly across from the swimming section under the big homes. This will produce something for you after you find the school of stocker fish.

I hope that you have PFDs if not use the KIDS DON"T FLOAT ones.
    Be smart make your friends wear one just like you do.

Another way I have found that works is to use a very small flatfish, gold colored, and just let it work slowly as you paddle around. Also works to use a bobber followed by about 18" of leader with a very small mosquito fly. Troll slowly and it should work.

we all have life jackets :P

Just got back, kind of intresting fitting 3 people into a "4 person" 9 foot boat :P but it was fun, i tied off to a tree in front of somones property where i saw alot of rainbows and we started fishing. (directyly across from swimming area)- Caught lots, many got off due to them being so small. We came home with 7 between the 3 of us.. all between 5-8 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Caught lots, many got off due to them being so small. We came home with 7 between the 3 of us.. all between 5-8 inches
    Is that even really a harvestable fish??? LOL. I guess when I was 14, a 5 inch trout was a keeper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Just got back, kind of intresting fitting 3 people into a "4 person" 9 foot boat :P but it was fun, i tied off to a tree in front of somones property where i saw alot of rainbows and we started fishing. (directyly across from swimming area)- Caught lots, many got off due to them being so small. We came home with 7 between the 3 of us.. all between 5-8 inches
    8" is the minimum if I recall.

I read the regs... didnt see any size minimum for stocked fish... that would be pretty bs if they expect kids not to harvest the fish that will most likely die anyways. I know theyre small but pan fried with butter/lemon/garlic salt theyre pretty good

You`re correct...I see no minimum requirement in the book this year.