Thread: Fishing trip

Smile Fishing trip

My 11 yr old is an fisherman and would like to go on a fishing trip while we are in Alaska. We are torn between fishing for salmon in Talkeetna vs Seward. Whch place has better fishing, less crowded? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Eagle River

Default Fisherman's choice

It all depends on when you coming up really. If you are in Talkeetna this weekend, try Fisherman’s Choice charters. I went out with them back in 2004. They were absolutely amazing. If I remember correctly it cost around $125-$150 per person. If you have fished for Kings before and you have your own gear they do drop-offs for around $45.

Anchorage, Alaska

Default Apples and Oranges

Two completely different trips. One thing I do know is that most kids have to have action or they give up. If it were me I'd go on a charter out of Seward. I recommend Saltwater Safari, having fished with them many times. If charters are not an option, go with a drop-off out of Talkeetna with Mahay's Riverboat Service. These are the two options most likely to produce fish.

Good Luck!

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address:
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay