Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone used an enclosed sled for transporting dogs?

Attachment 97219

heres how they do it out in the YK delta...

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Attachment 97219

heres how they do it out in the YK delta...
    Can't open it so no idea the method....

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Can't open it so no idea the method....

weird, sorry about that. worked at first i'll try again.

Attachment 97230

It's only 5 miles to my cabin. My Golden Pyrenees rides in front of me standing on the seat and tank. She wraps her tail around my neck, but I'm certain it doesn't help her hang on. LOL. It get exciting when the tail moves and blocks my vision. She does pretty well there, but I have considered putting her on the freight sled at times. In summer she rides in the cargo area of the ATV's which I built up a rack so she doesn't spill out. She loves going to the cabin.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    weird, sorry about that. worked at first i'll try again.

Attachment 97230
    Greenmachine: Thank you for reposting. Not sure why, but I still can't open it. This is what I get when I try to open your link.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the
    administrator

SmokeRoss:
    You need to have a picture of your dog riding like that! I am sure your field of vision isn't great but at least you won't get snow and ice build up on your goggles or face shield! LOL. Sounds like a great dog.

I run my Munsterlanders all year long with both wheelers and snowmachines. In winter, quite often I’ve put 15-18 miles on my machine which means they probably do twice that by the end of the day. (Me, not the bird dogs.) Sometimes on the way home I will insist one or the other get on my machine just to give them a bit of a break. On both the wheeler and the sled they sit in front of me, usually their rear legs on my right thigh, and their front legs on my left thigh or maybe one or both of their front legs on the handle bars on the left side of the sled/atv. That often depends on just how pooped they are. Their belly and chest just sort of rest on the gas tank/seat area in front of me. Once they do it a few times they get used to it. It helps if u have an animal that obeys your commands and trusts you, of course. So basically, they just ride laying crosswise on my lap their head on the side of you AWAY FROM THE THROTTLE side. For obvious reason, I hope.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Greenmachine: Thank you for reposting. Not sure why, but I still can't open it. This is what I get when I try to open your link.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the
    administrator
    I think that's the result of asking the forum software to store the image. If you have the image saved in the cloud you can link to it directly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12