Thread: Figure 8 or Flathorn

Default Figure 8 or Flathorn

Been thinking about making a trip out to figure 8 or flathorn this year. I've always wanted to, just never made the time to do it. Which one is better fishing? Which one is easier to get to? How har of a ride are they? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Been thinking about making a trip out to figure 8 or flathorn this year. I've always wanted to, just never made the time to do it. Which one is better fishing? Which one is easier to get to? How har of a ride are they? Thanks.
    Flathorn is closer, but figure 8 has better fishing. I want to say figure 8, 16 miles from the parking lot. The trail is in great shape as of yesterday, talked to folks who came from flathorn. They said be careful out there, some thin ice out there from what they told us. We are headed to figure this Friday. Oh the sign pointing where to turn on the trail to get to figure 8 is gone. So if you never been to figure 8 try to tag along with someone that does. If you miss the turn you will end up at the big Su.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Flathorn is closer, but figure 8 has better fishing. I want to say figure 8, 16 miles from the parking lot. The trail is in great shape as of yesterday, talked to folks who came from flathorn. They said be careful out there, some thin ice out there from what they told us. We are headed to figure this Friday. Oh the sign pointing where to turn on the trail to get to figure 8 is gone. So if you never been to figure 8 try to tag along with someone that does. If you miss the turn you will end up at the big Su.
    Thanks for the input and the tips.

It is 18.5mi.from the parking lot to the bottleneck on figure8. The turnoff is 9.3 mi on the gas pipeline trail.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    It is 18.5mi.from the parking lot to the bottleneck on figure8. The turnoff is 9.3 mi on the gas pipeline trail.

And if I remember right the guys that do all the brodies in the middle of the trail add on about 15 more miles?

Any new report on the trail out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by irving_rdrgz View Post
    Any new report on the trail out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trail was fine last weekend. 21 inches of ice on figure 8 lake.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Trail was fine last weekend. 21 inches of ice on figure 8 lake.
    How was fishing?

Default Kk

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_reb View Post
    How was fishing?
    we do well, every time we go out avg 15-16 pike.

Is figure 8 doable on a wheeler right now? Would be going straight in and straight out hoping to float the trail with wider ITP’s. #noruts

Was out there today and trail is getting a little soft.

Was out there today and lots of overflow. Soft heavy wet snow. Had to do a double take after seeing a truck by the narrows that had those triangular track wheels.