Thread: Logwood dye

Default Logwood dye

Wondering if one of you guys could tell me what the ratio of water per one pound bag of dye is? Also canít seem to find a definitive answer to whether or not you need to tag your traps with your personal info in the regs??any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Certain spots (National Parks, etc) you have to tag. I have some in the Chugach National Park and you have to call the rangers and speak with them, give them your license #, general locations, species you're after, etc. Just plain 'ol land, no, no tags.

I believe it is 1 pound of logwood to 5 gallons of water. But it's been awhile since I've done it.
    If your trapping on the Kenai National wildlife refuge then you need to take the refuge trapping class, sign up at refuge headquarters and use trap tags.
    But on private land they are not required.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks for the responses. I am not on the refuge because Iím having a hard time making the class as Iím always at work when they hold it every year. Canít find anyplace to take it online and the young girl at the counter didnít think it was offered online. Hoping they have would have it online or could hold a second class or something. If my son could take the class and then share our line on the refuge,that might work but I need to talk to someone other than the desk girl .

I doubt there's enough people interested in this for them to hold a second class.
    I also doubt there will ever be a complete online class.
    There's a practical part of the class that you have to do outside and I think they want to keep that as part of it.
    Beauty of it is you only have to take it once and then you're set for life.
    I've never trapped on The refuge but I took the class many years ago as some other people I knew were going and figured what the heck.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"