Thread: Air service - Happy Valley to Ivishak

Default Air service - Happy Valley to Ivishak

Any recommendations? The company I used last time (70 North) told me they donít plan on offering this service in 2019, and Iím having trouble finding another outfit.

Just curious as a previous customer. Did 70 North pull out of Happy Valley or just not dropping off in that drainage? I think Bushwacker might be an option. http://www.bushwackerair.com/

I talked to 70North awhile ago about this and I think he mentioned that they are only flying strip to strip from now on. So I think they just don't want to land on the tundra or along the gravel bars any more.

Another option is by airboat with Randy Quincy. http://airboatfishing.com/alaska_hunting.htm

Mike at 70 degree told me a couple of years ago that they werenít taking caribou customers because they were having trouble putting clients on animals. ďThe herd isnít what it once wasĒ is what he told me.

Quote Originally Posted by sambuck12 View Post
    Mike at 70 degree told me a couple of years ago that they werenít taking caribou customers because they were having trouble putting clients on animals. ďThe herd isnít what it once wasĒ is what he told me.
    Not just a'kidding. Last year we went in with my personal transportation, and some airboat transporter had camps about every mile on the river--I mean the rivers were just packed full of hunters. These transporters are ruining hunts one mile at a time. Not a caribou to be seen.

theres a couple folks with airboats that can take you part way up the ivishak. havent priced them out but should come in less than air taxi