Thread: Trail to figure 8 open yet ?

Default Trail to figure 8 open yet ?

Any info about ice thickness or trail report for figure 8 or flathorn, tried looking on DNR website, thought that's where they post if trail is open, want to get out and do some pike fishing

I'm in Hawaii right now but I heard people have been out there. Now if DNR has legally opened it is another story.

Figure eight is fine but Only one person has been across the Big Su so far. It is only for experienced riders.

The trail is in great shape as of yesterday. We made it to turn off to figure 8 on the gas pipeline trail. Little Su is froze up solid.

How would one go about finding the trail? I'm searching DNR's site now, but not finding much. No sled, so is it SxS accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by TintedSnow View Post
    How would one go about finding the trail? I'm searching DNR's site now, but not finding much. No sled, so is it SxS accessible?
    Trail is weight restricted machines can only weigh up too 1000 lbs. The trail to fig 8 turn off not hard it's the gas line trail. When yo7 leave the parking lot, there is only one parking lot out there and it's $5 a day or $40 for the season. Anyhow leave the parking lot and follow the power lines and you will see the trail can't miss it.. go 9 miles and hang a left, you will se the turn.. again 9 miles.

Please remember if you are running a sxs or atv to stay to one side. Let the people who have cabins or live out there have a decent trail to haul their supplies on. We groom one side of the trail to haul on, Please stay to the other side. Thank you.

Any recent trail updates?