Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder injury advise....

I tried eating hair one time to help with my male pattern baldness it did not help!!! This seems to be along the same line.
    DENNY

Quote Originally Posted by boneguy View Post
    I tried eating hair one time to help with my male pattern baldness it did not help!!!
    DENNY
    Well, according to him it's done wonders....

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Beyond that, I heartily suggest that anyone with a painful old nagging injury research serrapeptase. It is 1 of a few supplements that has profoundly changed my life for the better after my 2008 spinal injury that profoundly changed my life for the worse.

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    From what Ross?
    A lifetime of hard work. Logging, Forest Fire Fighting, Commercial Fishing, Construction, and Oilfield.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I'm used to the snarky comments. For the more open minded folks with at least a 9 minute attention span, this video gives a good, broad overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKb4cz_PCE4

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    What brand of that serrapeptase stuff do you buy? The biggest problem I have with all this kind of stuff is you don't know what your gettin in the bottle. If it's for real or a ripoff.
    First...I don't sell or have any financial interest in promoting this product. I subscribe via Amazon to Dr's Best 270 caps x 120,000 spu. Just received latest shipment ($52) and see it actually went down in price. Many folks start with 40,000 spu for a trial period and then progress to the higher dose/quantity package which has a more favorable price point.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    A lifetime of hard work. Logging, Forest Fire Fighting, Commercial Fishing, Construction, and Oilfield.
    I meant, is it your shoulder/s as well, or lots of other things combined? Have you already tried other anti inflammatory products....I mean other than ibuprofen?

The problem I have with the guy promoting the cure all drug is he left out a few documented points. At least 4 cases of eosinophilic pneumonia have been reported with serrapeptase in Japan. Single case reports of serious adverse effects associated with serrapeptase include bullous pemphigoid, hemorrhage in a patient with Behcet disease, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome. GI issues with prolonged use. The medical field is looking at the drug but have yet to come out with a solid repeated double blind review that says it works on anything.
    I don't think it will do much harm to give it a try but I would worry a bit about blood thinning, surgery. and stomach issues with prolonged use.
    DENNY

4merguide, it will be a while, but don't despair you should heal up fine.

I am 75. Tripped on a moose antler and broke my left shoulder while running in the snow, almost exactly a year ago. I can now reach far enough around my back to thread my belt through my jeans.

Ted

What my dad started using is turmeric, Costco sells the pills- on sale currently. He was taking 4 alieves ever day for rheumatoid arthritis pain for years. Plus his right shoulder would hang up n he would have to reposition n let grind pop to get it to move properly but still not full range of motion, probably inflammation plus maybe bone spur. But ever since turmeric even at night he can move his shoulder pain free n has been sleeping better.

Not ordered the serrapatese yet but I started turmeric- for inflammation. Takes two weeks to feel the affects I guess, but if ya stop taking it in less that a week inflammation will b back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For much better absorption I take turmeric in super concentrated liquid form. Two drops in the morning and two more before bed. I also take collagen powder three times a day while the shoulder is recovering. Very good for RA as well. You might suggest your Dad check into it.

Shoulder is coming along nicely. I managed to get 4 sessions in with a PT....(3 before the year end and new deductible started up again). Unfortunately I had to cancel though as the "new" price tag was just too crazy! But I do know what I need now as far as exercise and stretches to help get my strength back. So hoping I'll recover sooner than expected.....which, of course, can never be too soon.....lol.

Thanks for all the input everybody....really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner Ted View Post
    4merguide, it will be a while, but don't despair you should heal up fine.

I am 75. Tripped on a moose antler and broke my left shoulder while running in the snow, almost exactly a year ago. I can now reach far enough around my back to thread my belt through my jeans.

Ted
    OUCH!!! After that I'm glad you're at least now able to do what you can do!!! Can I ask what exactly did you break in your shoulder?

I am 6 weeks into my 4th shoulder surgery. 3 on my left from a skiing fubar and now 1 on my right from general overuse. If you wakeup several times per night wincing in pain then you really should go see an ortho that specializes in shoulders. I use dr. Schumacher in anch. He has worked on me twice and I am very happy with his work. He can tell what is wrong by just moving your arm around for a couple minutes (as can most shoulder ortho's). Sometimes it is best not to wait for surgery and sometimes it is best to just do PT. Once they go in there is no guarrantee that it will be better and it will never be the same for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12