Thread: Seward

Default Seward

planning a trip to seward 27-29 (friend in town, allready booked his trip) i see there are no open fresh water places to catch salmon. im not dragging my boat down there. so what are our options? any good places to fish from shore?
    Thanx

What about making a side trip to the Russian and/or Kenia for sockeyes?
    Tennessee

well to be completely honest its my womans uncle and the whole fam damily is going so it wouldnt be too classy to divert out of the (motorhome) caravan. i figured once we got there i could escape and go fishing while they do the tourist aquarium and window shopping thing that i dont want to do. neither does anybody else but they wont say it. uncle whats his name isnt into fishing.

Maybe there are still kings coming in to the culvert?

i havent been there (seward) much at all. is the culvert by the sea life center? that would be awesome!

My wife and I had a great time with CrackerJack charters out of Seward. The captain Jeff I believe was excellent!
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are three taverns right across the street from the Sea Life Center. I think it would be too early to fish from shore off the beach, for anything much other than possibly a humpy or two out off the beach at Millers Reach. Next your best bet would be to try for some flounder in the small boat harbor. There are a couple of small lakes nearby north of town, that might offer a few dollies, yet again the timing ain't good for that, too early. Try Grouse Lake, about three mile north of town. Should be some reds in there for the guests to look at as well.

"There are three taverns right across the street from the Sea Life Center." This would be your safest bet and also allow you to tolerate any inlaws on the ride home.

But seriously they are still snagging kings by the waterfall (next to the sealife center) at high tide and the culvert (a mile walk) and you could catch silvers off the old dock in front of the sealife center with herring and a bobber as a few are in close. The silvers are thick at the head of the bay so charters are loading up but they wont move into town for a while.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

very funny...and very helpful, thanx guys