Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Clipper MacSport 18

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default Clipper MacSport 18

    Always liked this boat. Finally own one. Thought I might share my first impressions here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL14XvmEnyU

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by North61 View Post
    Always liked this boat. Finally own one. Thought I might share my first impressions here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL14XvmEnyU
    I just watched your video. Great review. I run a 5 HP Mercury 4 stroke on mine. Moves it great and has reverse.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucescoflathead View Post
    I just watched your video. Great review. I run a 5 HP Mercury 4 stroke on mine. Moves it great and has reverse.
    I have a 2.5 Suzuki but will want at least 5 or 6 on this big canoe. Probably end up getting whatever I can get a good deal on.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by North61 View Post
    I have a 2.5 Suzuki but will want at least 5 or 6 on this big canoe. Probably end up getting whatever I can get a good deal on.
    I've fished lakes and rivers with mine. Works good with the outboard or a trolling motor (55LB thrust 12 volt) in the electric motors only lakes.

    I had a 4 HP 2 stroke Evinrude on mine before I got the 5 HP. If the 4 HP had reverse, I wouldn't have changed to the 5 HP. You may be suprised if you try the 2.5 HP.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Delta Jct, Alaska
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Looking good Greg!........you and the boat!

    I figured Scott would be gone South at this time. Glad to see he's hanging around to take money yet.

    That should be a great combination for your trips. I hope you can find a 6hp that is not as noisy as most of
    these new single cylinder motors.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Nice video

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I'll keep my eyes open for an old two stroke twin with low mileage. you never know!


    Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    Looking good Greg!........you and the boat!

    I figured Scott would be gone South at this time. Glad to see he's hanging around to take money yet.

    That should be a great combination for your trips. I hope you can find a 6hp that is not as noisy as most of
    these new single cylinder motors.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Can you stand up in the Clipper.....like you can in the HB ?

  9. #9

    Default

    Sure you just have to spread your feet out a little more.....

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Thatís good...when you have to take a leak......

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default

    It's going to take a bit more balancing but yes it should be all-right to stand up as longs as you are well braced.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Delta Jct, Alaska
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Hey Hey!

    I make my coffee from that lake!

  13. #13
    Member Yukoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Its too bad Clipper doesn't make a 20' version of the Mac Sport. They have the 20' MacKenzie.... I just like their stern design over the Scott.
    Fighting gravity is never cheap.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Its too bad Clipper doesn't make a 20' version of the Mac Sport. They have the 20' MacKenzie.... I just like their stern design over the Scott.
    The 18 foot MacSport is basically the 20 Ft Mackenzie with 2 feet trimmed off the back end. A full 20 foot sport version would be awesome and probably weight 20-25 pounds more but capable of carrying a literal ton of cargo.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Nice Clipper and thanks for the video. A 8hp 2 stroke Yamaha @ 57lbs would complement your Clipper. The twin cylinder is smooth with good torque and economy. Hard to find because they are well liked.

  16. #16
    Member Yukoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Ive got a nice old Johnson 4.0 Deluxe thats just itching for a small freighter.
    Sounds like reason enough to buy one.
    Fighting gravity is never cheap.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Or in the spirit of Christmas you could give that motor to a, little old; soon to be retired man?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Delta Jct, Alaska
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Ive got a nice old Johnson 4.0 Deluxe thats just itching for a small freighter.
    Sounds like reason enough to buy one.

    If that's one of the old twin cylinders, hang onto it. These new small motors all seem to be single cylinder engines and noisy to an extreme.
    I've still got an old 1965 Evinrude Ducktwin with weedless drive........so smooth and quiet.....360 degree steering.....

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    If that's one of the old twin cylinders, hang onto it.
    This.........1960 to about 1975, OMC and the little Mercs. More parts are out there for the OMCs though.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I am looking at a 57 pound 4 stroke 5HP Mercury on a good sale, Saturday. How are these new small 4 strokes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •