Thread: Do you ignore some of your guns?

Default Do you ignore some of your guns?

The other night I was looking through my pistol boxes looking for a certain empty one and I came across a Glock box that had one it. A Glock 17 Gen 4 that I had forgot about. I had originally bought it for my son but he had gone shopping at the same time and came home with the new Sig 365. So I never gave it another thought. Well I was going out to pattern a shotgun so took it along. After spending months practicing with my SP101 in DA mode I wasn't sure how I would transition back to a Glock. My goodness....all is well in the Glock world. It kind of made me think that I had wasted a lot of time and ammo with the SP101. Sheesh this thing makes it easy. bang, bang, bang...clang ,clang, clang for 50 rounds straight.

I think that I'll stash this Glock in my waistband for a while.....

Pulling a trigger is seldom a waste of time,for sure if you learn from it
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Pulling a trigger is seldom a waste of time,for sure if you learn from it
    Will: As usual your words are true and wise.
    EKC: G17 is a great carry piece. Glad you are enjoying it. Stay safe.

I run through phases like that with my guns all the time. Might not shoot one for years, then suddenly it becomes my new best friend. Then pretty soon I have another new best friend. Stumbled across a Ruger Single Six in the back of the safe that hadn't been shot in 20 years. Took it out just cuzz, and suddenly I don't want to shoot anything else. For now.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I run through phases like that with my guns all the time. Might not shoot one for years, then suddenly it becomes my new best friend. Then pretty soon I have another new best friend. Stumbled across a Ruger Single Six in the back of the safe that hadn't been shot in 20 years. Took it out just cuzz, and suddenly I don't want to shoot anything else. For now.
    Thanks, you made me feel better! Ha! My wife said to me last night(again) I wish that you could just sit down and watch a movie with me one time without clicking one of your guns at the screen all movie long. At least with that silver one all you did was pull the trigger and I heard one click all the time now it's schick schick click-schick schick click. Honey this is an ortomatic ya can't get a click without a schick schick first....but at least the click isn't as loud right?.....No response. it's ok Babe the new love for this one will eventually wear off and I'll be back to the little silver one for a while. She actually said, "Why can't you just stay with the same one?" Hmmmm, I'll start doing that when you start wearing the same dress every day! She has two double racked closets clear full. It was a dumb movie anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Hmmmm, I'll start doing that when you start wearing the same dress every day! She has two double racked closets clear full. It was a dumb movie anyway!
    Ah man....

You really said that!

As a bud of mine quotes his dad "I taught you everything I know, and you still don't know anything!"
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Ah man....

You really said that!

As a bud of mine quotes his dad "I taught you everything I know, and you still don't know anything!"
    It's ok BB! She knows that I don't care how many dresses she has and that I don't care if she cares how many guns that I have...which she really doesn't...I think?

You got it figured out so well, it sounds like you're nudging up close behind us in the anniversary notches cut in your stock. We'll pop the 50 year cork in a short bit, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Merle Haggard

You got it figured out so well, it sounds like you're nudging up close behind us in the anniversary notches cut in your stock. We'll pop the 50 year cork in a short bit, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Congrats early. That doesn't just happen by the way....ya gotta make it happen. We are working on number 43. We both retire for good in 599 days counting weekends holidays and all. Then we are going on one big date.....may come visit Alaska, who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Congrats early. That doesn't just happen by the way....ya gotta make it happen. We are working on number 43. We both retire for good in 599 days counting weekends holidays and all. Then we are going on one big date.....may come visit Alaska, who knows!
    I or my parents could house ya, and or I bet others would offer as well in other parts of the state. We’re in anchorage. Don’t reply much to ur posts they show up on Tapatalk app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk