Thread: waist highs breathables with boot foot?

Default waist highs breathables with boot foot?

Anyone use the waist highs with boot foot. I have been using cabelas waist highs with the stocking foot for yrs now. As my 2nd pair is wearing thin (to many leaks & smell like eggs) I'm in the market for a new pair, but wonder about swithing from stocking foot to boot foot. It always seems to be a pain to have to bring along an extra pair of wadding boots & would be simpler to have them on the wadders? Anyone have opinions or reccomendations on any?
    Use them from May to Oct, from fishing to ducks to float hunts so they need to be solid.
    Thanks

I have been looking at these too. Would be great to hear some others opinion on them!

Thanks

Default ordered

FarmerGrant,
    I will let you know how they work, I orderd a pair from Cabelas last night.
    Hopefully others here will have tried them & weigh in as well.

I have a pair of neoprene chest waders with the boot foot. I don't know if i would go this route again. It seems that when its a little warm and I sweat a lot it becomes a major task to get my feet out of the boot. They don't dry out on the inside that easily. So now I need to bring a wader dryer and talc powder. Don't know if it would be the same for breathable waist waders.

OP1

Default cabela's

i am on my second pair of the cabela booted waist-highs. love 'em. have walked for hours in them. pretty tough, and keep me dry. i have never stood in water for hours on end, though; just wading and in the rain/wet vegetation. nice to be able to sit down and keep dry. hope this helps. j

I have used the Cabela's waist highs bootfoot 400g waders for several years now and have been very happy with them. I use them in May and Sept for some moose hunting when I think I'll be near lakes while hunting moose. On my second pair as I wore out my first pair after 5 years of use. Now they have 600g as an option for cooler weather, but the 400g work well for me.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Well my pair showed up today. I usually wear a 12EE, so I got the 13. The 13's are too small, I'm going to have to send these ones back and get the 14's. Hopefully they aren't any bigger around at the waist, the 13's were pretty big already.