Thread: brown bear or dall for AZ coues or muley

Default brown bear or dall for AZ coues or muley

probally a long shot but would like to trade a brown bear or dall sheep hunt for a coues deer or muley hunt here in arizona. brown bear is the top of my bucket list followed closely by sheep pretty mutch any sheep but ill probally never have that kinda money to drop on a hunt, just looking for a new hutting buddy with his guide license that would want to share a hunt with me (meeting AK's legal requirement for non-rez) on either and in return id do the same here in arizona (although a guide is not required here) for what ever legal species trips youre trigger. hope i didnt violate any forum rules as a new member but a blue collar huntin bum's gota try and even if i don't get to hunt sheep or bear im hitting AK in 19 to hunt somthing

I get emails every so often with guys offering trades on hunts typically ones that are way off balance. As in, not so much an even trade. A little info on how this would need to work from a guides perspective. If your talking a straight across trade, as in the guide covers the bear/Sheep hunt costs and you cover the deer hunt costs...for a decent bear hunt your looking at that guide soaking up in the neighborhood of of up to 5-7k just for the logistics of flying, meals,land use fees etc. not to mention any lost income from taking a spot out of his current schedule. Iím not sure how much you would need to invest in the coues Deer hunt on your end but the trips Iíve done to az hasnít come close to those numbers.

You would be better off contacting a guide and asking to cover his exspenses, pack for him for free in exchange for him signing a contract and taking you after bear. That would be about the cheapest way you may pull off a bear hunt. Maybe thereís a guide who realllllllly wants a coues Deer, as in desperately wants one, like say canít hurt to check.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

yea dont get me wrong im not trying to pick up a guided hunt on the cheap im just trying to hunt and unfortunately the two species id like to go after legaly require a guide at most id hope to get a boat or plane ride for cost of fuel but wasnt looking for a free ride i can cover my own logestics. more or less just looking for a hunting partner for a trip that fills the legal requirement and wouldnt mind helping with where to hunt but if theyed rather sit back and just watch me geuss at it for there own amusement wouldnt bother me a bit i just wanna hunt, and i know it is a long shot but these jackalope coues are gaining allot of popularity and we pretty well have a lock on em as far as the u.s. goes

Im with ya. Just trying to help ya with details to think on. A guide can only go along to make it legal as long as the area is in one of the guide use areas he is legally registered to use. So any guide canít go anywhere. We have three use areas we register for that we are allowed to sign contracts for. Which is what you need, a guide to sign the contract and carry the legal responsibility of you. Which means the land use fees, insurance, etc. basically your getting a guided hunt like any other client would except your method of payment is different. So for a guide to carry you on a contract it still going to cost several thousand dollars as his legal responsibility is unchanged regardless of how you guys agree on payment. If you could dream up a budget to approach a outfitter with in addition to help on a deer hunt it would be a more attractive package.
    Example. Your looking at 1160 for license, not included in outfitters cost (brown bear), charter flight to camp 1800, 10 day hunt, offer him like 3500 to cover wages for someone to guide you. So if you have 5-6k and a coues hunt to offer it would be more realistic. Some charters to camp will be up closer to 3k, some less. Just trying to help ya with food for thought so to speak.
    Master guide 212

and i apricate the advise. didnt know youre system up there for guides was that mutch of a pain i just assumed it was all more or less standardized across the u.s. like take for example the apache rez here there are units that you cant even drive trough without an apache guide and there not cheap either but i have apache frinds that guide so for me its just a matter of sayin hey come with me so i dont get in trouble dosent cost either of us a thing and theres no papper work needed or done witch was allong the lines of what i was originally thinking for up there

Ya we are pretty much prisoner to lines on maps and land use permits. The idea being that guys will take care of areas rather than shooting one out and moving on to rape other areas. So to speak.
    Master guide 212