Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer-e-ere?

Default Deer-e-ere?

After flipping through the newest Cabelas mag, I came across this nifty looking product called the Deer-e-ere (which is now re-named the "Butt Out"). I read and re-read the discription and found the webiste for this thing also explaining how to use it. Still, I am not quite sure WHY you would even need to do this to your whitetail/elk/muley, etc. Any ideas?

After reading the testimonials on the site, apparently people are buying these like hot-cakes.....

Default A month late

You're a month late. This was dicsussed last month.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Hey sorry man...hate to re-post, did some searching but couldn't find it. Could you throw me a bone and shoot me the link, so I can tell all the guys at work I stumped?

Default I say another gimmick

I dont know man, I grew up and have hunted whitetails my whole life in Maine. Never needed anything like this.
    I say anyone that knows how to properly field dress does not need this. But, i am sure alot will buy it and wonder how they ever got by without it before

Think of the possibilities! Buy it and throw away the directions, and make up your own as a gag gift. We have made up "Instant Buck Kits" for friends who were having trouble finding horns- just imbed those double ended screws intended for furniture legs. With new instructions this would be a great addition to first aid kits, survival kits, divorce guides, you name it.

Come on, be creative!

But don't use it on deer.

Default dumb

That is the most asinine tool I have ever seen. Looks like a good way to get poop on your food.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Default a gimmic

I also grew up hunting whitetails in Maine like T11R17 did and I agree with him. This is one of the most bizarre pieces of equipment I've ever seen.
    I love the accompanying illustrations on how to use it. It kind of looks like the deer is standing up and alive. That would be a sure way to get a hoof print where you don't want one. I wonder if the deer would end up with repressed memories of that. This is just too weired.
    Never give a gun to a duck...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    That is the most asinine tool.
    Period belonged right there.

I use orange peelers, and I have a device for removing the core from an apple as well as a French fry press. However, I think I draw the line somewhere long before that brownie punch.

Is that made by Ronco® ??

It slices, it dices, it disembowels!

Not to be taken orally. All sales are subject to Federal, State, and local laws.

NOT FOR SALE in San Francisco!

Default LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    I use orange peelers, and I have a device for removing the core from an apple as well as a French fry press. However, I think I draw the line somewhere long before that brownie punch.
    Way too funny!
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

I showed this to my wife and we both thought the same thing. Wouldn't it be easier just to field dress it normally? This looks a little barbaric to me.
    Chris Willhoite

Default Which magazine???

Are you sure it was cabelas and not Adam and Eve?

Default humor, the best medicine

Whenever I get bogged down I know all you folks will send me a pick up note. This thread is like manna from heaven. Been laughing so hard folks walking down the hall are sticking their heads in the office to see what caused me to lose my mind. My oh my, it feels good go laugh.

Default People can't live with out it

Looks like the cabelas customer reviews says alot about the product. I say it is just a tool for the untrained and inexperianced.

Default Manna From Heaven!!

Quote Originally Posted by GITDEMBARS View Post
    Are you sure it was cabelas and not Adam and Eve?
    Yeah the 2007 Shooting Edition mag.....go figure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Whenever I get bogged down I know all you folks will send me a pick up note. This thread is like manna from heaven. Been laughing so hard folks walking down the hall are sticking their heads in the office to see what caused me to lose my mind. My oh my, it feels good go laugh.
    Glad to help!!!!!!!!!!!!....but I guess no one can figure out WHY you would even want/need to do this, huh?

Default the truth...

Ok as much fun as this has been I still just had to know so I asked a guy at work. His theory:
    When gutting a deer you stand a very good chance of cutting the bladder or intestine when you split the pelvis getting "stuff" all over the meat. This allows you to pull out the intestine, tie it in a knot and pull it back through in one neat package. Presto! clean meat.
    It makes sense to me but I still wouldn't buy one. I think the pics are what causes the confusion. It does look like the deer is still alive. I'm thinking "Man, I thought a recurve was going to be a challenge".

Default Use it on the job...

To extract suck up co-workers from the boss' deer-e-ere (because deservedly field dressing them the old fashioned way is apparently frowned upon).

Or as "mentoring" tool for that crack troop of yours that just doesn't seem to get it. Give new meaning to "reaming a new one".

Can you imagine the initial gut reaction of the game warden that walks up on guy using this thing? "What you doing their sunshine? I know its not in the regs but I'm pretty sure that kinda thing is illegal in this state."

Default How did we manage before?

Maybe you can get two for one on the home shopping network. 1 minute left while supplies last. I could see some wifes putting it in the stocking for Christmas though, so be warned.

Well apparently the deer don't have the little green men around, so we need to be stepping up to the plate in the probing arena...

Default unsure lol

My buddy got us each one of those. its in my pack but I keep forgetting its there and havnt tried it yet. But Im sure if I really feel the need to insult my next blacktail in a most dishonorable way and strip it of any dignity it may have ever had im carrying the right tool for the job. Sure is good to know im prepared for anything! lol

Default Happy

I am so happy to see other people chiming in on the humor side of this thread.

"Ted, why are you blowing that distress call after shooting that fine buck?"

"I'm not blowing a distress call. I'm dissphinctering this guy!"

__________________________________________________ ___

California hunter meets gay buck: "STHAY STHAILOR! Issths that for buthineth or pleassthsure? hmm, HMM!"

__________________________________________________ _____

Buba, King of Cell Block C, thought he'd take another "girlfriend" from the new arrivals. Unfortunately for Buba, he had an affection for toothless southerners. No one bothered to tell him that the Kentucky Chapter of the ACLU had won the case to allow "person's of questionable personal behaviors" one item of sentimental value through the prison gates.

Toothless Tommy got off of the bus, winked at Buba, and, gave him a smile.

__________________________________________________ _______

200 years from now there will be archeolgists, anthropologists, and 3 people who watch the Discovery Channel debating whether the device they found was actually an umbrella fo midget Atlantians.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast