Thread: Get Wiggy's bag back into stuff sack???

Default Get Wiggy's bag back into stuff sack???

For those of you who have Wiggy's bags: Have you ever been able to get the sleeping bag stuffed back into the sack they gave you?
    We have 2 Wiggy's bags. My husband's is a great big one. Arctic? We have never been able to get it back into its stuff sack. Last hunt, when packing up camp, I just stuffed it into the biggest dry bag we had. I just got the Ultima Thule bag last year, and I actually did get it stuffed back into the sack, but that was on the bedroom floor, not in a tent!
    Is there a secret to getting them back into that sack?
    One thing I noticed; even though my husband's bag is much larger than mine, we got the same size compression sack for both of them, the XL. Maybe they have a larger sack.

It will go back in eventually if you keep at it. Not easy by any means. It's such a hassle I did the same as you and now cram it in a larger dry bag. Best part about the dry bag is I can also get my sleeping pad in as well.

I've got the Antarctic, too, and it's doable but it can be a workout. Once you've got a bunch of the bag into the sack and it starts to be full, you can start stuffing it in down the sides of the sack, if that makes sense. Keep flipping the sack around and stuffing down all sides, not just one. If you keep stuffing it in the top and straight down, well, it ain't gonna happen. I've had the bag 7 or 8 years and am pretty happy with it, though!
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

I just bought a compression bag that i can put my bag in along with a pillow! Then i just sit on it and pull the straps and it compresses down smaller than the original stuff sack.

Yep...one of the only drawbacks to a Wiggy's bag....it's like packing down an angry bear.

I gave up on the factory stuff stack and use dry bags or duffels.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Well, glad that I'm not the only one who has trouble with it.
    I like that idea of getting a bigger compression sack, one that it will go into, and then compressing that. Right not I have it rolled up, and pulled tight with two straps.

A few Wiggys bags in our house and the stuff sacks are different sizes depending on the bag. They are all the same just slightly larger than the next to correspond with the bigger bags.
    Just upsize your stuff sack one size.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Yeah, we were in Anchorage yesterday, and went by Wiggys. We actually wanted to look at the over-boot waders,but we didn't get those because the bottoms on them just don't look tough enough to last a whole hunt. I have a pair of NEOS over-boot waders that are pretty good, and they have a real sole on them. But NEOS no longer makes those waders. Bummer.
    We did also buy a bigger stuff bag from Wiggys for the big sleeping bag. I don't have time to do it now, but if this one is too difficult to stuff it into, I am just gonna make my own bag. That way I can make the stuff bag big enough, and still have the straps on there to really compress it down. One of the good things about Wiggys is that they use really good materials. The material in those stuff sacks is tough stuff!!