Thread: Camera pics with spotting scope- HELP PLS!

Default Camera pics with spotting scope- HELP PLS!

purchased a Swarovski 65mm spotter recently. I also purchased the camera adapters that allow attaching the digital camera directly to the spotter for pictures. What cameras do you guys recommend? Would like to stay with something that is somewhat lightweight/small. Thanks.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Default camera

Research digizooming or digiscoping, etc... There is tons of info on that. The bird watching community has alot of interest in it as that is a popular way to get photos of birds. I got a Sony Cybershot after reading up on it. The smaller cameras that did not have too much zoom were preferred if I am not mistaken. The size of the opening (aperture I think) is a factor as well. I think the Nikon coolpix was the most popular for digiscoping. I would read up on it before buying the camera. I had to buy a new camera for my Zeiss Diascope because the display window was too small to see/focus the spotting scope with. That is one of the reasons I got the new Sony Cybershot. It has a larger screen. Also of importance is the self timer. I use the 2 second timer all the time. You cant push the button to take the picture. It will blurr the picture. You need a remote release or use the self timer on the camera. I am still learning how to use my set up but these are some observations that I have made in the time spent so far. Get a very steady tripod. Consider using weights (mesh bag with rocks) to hand from the center. Helps steady the set up in the wind. Manfrotto is a great tripod brand. Seems like it was a 3211 or 3112 model. Pretty heavy duty and cost around $220 with the head. Best money I spent in a while.

Default Camera for scopes article...

This website has tons of info on digizooming/digiscoping. The link is to an article that tells how to choose a camera for the spotting scope.

http://www.digiscoped.com/DigiscopingInfo.html