Thread: TWO Bad plane crashes..........

Default TWO Bad plane crashes..........

AST: No survivors in Fairbanks plane crash.
    https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/AS...494080681.html

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018...crashed-plane/

FAIRBANKS (KTUU) Two overdue hunters were found dead after a rescue team located them in a downed plane Sunday.
    According to Alaska State Troopers, Timothy Sonnenberg, 45, and Jason Roberts, 43, both from Fairbanks, were reported overdue from a hunting trip to the Nenana River Friday.
    On Saturday, a pilot found their downed and apparently burned plane south of Gold Creek.
    Authorities identified the plane Sunday morning as the one believed to be Sonnenberg’s.
    Troopers say no one survived the crash and that an effort to recover the hunter's bodies is underway.

ALSO: 7 injured in plane crash shortly after takeoff near Igiugig
    https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/7-...493909271.html

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) — A plane crashed shortly after takeoff near the village of Igiugig on Thursday afternoon according to Alaska State Troopers.
    Troopers say a Dehavilland DHC-2 operated by a local lodge crashed shortly before 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
    Seven people were on board and suffered non-life threatening injuries.
    The NTSB is investigating.

Sad indeed. That one up by Healy....it sounds like they may have been down for a little while. They had gone hunting earlier in September.
    Sure hope everyone keeps their mind on flying the plane......

Pretty sad, it looks like the FBX pilots dad died the same way near tok in 93

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It was certainly a tough fall for aviation. My heart goes out to all those who lost family and friends in wrecks this year. To the people at Regal Air and all those who know and have been touched by Dave Oberg. To the families and friends of the Dave King, Josh Peppard and his son, who lost their lives in the helicopter crash at the same time. It is encouraging that these men all died doing something they loved; "died with their boots on," as they used to say in the west. It is always sobering to be in the field in a fly out hunt, to hear news of these deaths, to see their evidence strewn about the landscape, to feel the icy brush of death's hand when a crash hits particularly close to home. I received news of Dave Oberg's death on my Inreach, as I sat waiting on a gravel strip for a plane that would never come. I just hope we are all prepared when it is our turn!