Friday I went out and the bay was flat. Once I left the bay it was little choppy but not bad. Cloudy and a breeze. Headed up to Anchor point to meet a friend but he ran into a few problems and could not launch. WE tried a little fishing there we some success. So I decided to head south to my favorite place. Water got a little bit rougher. Made it there and we anchored. Caught several nice fish with one going about 65-70# the were about 30-40# range. I did loose a nice one on a jig. Had him to the surface and he had seen enough. spit the hook. About a 60-70#.
Sat was deciding if I should head back up to Anchor or go to Pogi Point. Well I went north and met another friend of mine. We fished together. The water was just about flat and the sun was out. The bite was one. Limited out by noon. The biggest was about 65# with the rest between 30-40#. We had silvers swimming around are boat.
Bad part. One the way back 4 miles from the spit my port motor decided to go south on me. First it shut down. So I inspected it and gave it time to cool down . After a while I started it and it started right up but while I went 4000 rpm it would drop down to 13 then back up to 23 and so on. I limped my way back to the dock. Boy the bay was rough heading back in.
I think I was lucky sat. People that went out that headed straight or to the left ran into some rough waters.
As for my boat I will get the engine checked out once I get back from Africa.