Thread: Looking for reloading equip

Default Looking for reloading equip

After years of talking myself out of”another hobby”, in giving in...id like to try handloading.
    I’m looking for a press and/or any just add water kit.
    As of now just hoping to work up some .300 WM and 7mm-08 rounds.
    PM me if you have any beginner reloading equipment you’d consider parting with.
    Thank you!

I don't have any used or extra equipment for you, but this is the time of year that many companies start offering pretty good sales and/or rebates on their new equipment. RCBS Rock Chucker kits usually have pretty attractive pricing around Thanksgiving (Black Friday) and Christmas time, and Hornady usually has some good deals on their wares that time of year, as well. I think Cabela's and/or Sportsman's Warehouse had the RCBS kits for $269 last year.

It would be helpful to know where you're located...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    I don't have any used or extra equipment for you, but this is the time of year that many companies start offering pretty good sales and/or rebates on their new equipment. RCBS Rock Chucker kits usually have pretty attractive pricing around Thanksgiving (Black Friday) and Christmas time, and Hornady usually has some good deals on their wares that time of year, as well. I think Cabela's and/or Sportsman's Warehouse had the RCBS kits for $269 last year.
    Pretty hard to beat the RCBS Rock Chucker kit IMHO. With the exception of a digital/programmable scale, its the real deal.
    Fighting gravity is never cheap.

I bought a RockChucker back in 1977 and it's the only press that I have ever owned. The only thing that I have ever had to replace is the primer cup/ seater parts that screw into the primer arm. I have emptied one very full 5 gallon bucket of spent primers that were knocked out on that press over the years and am about 2 gallons deep in filling it up again. That is a lot of primers. I loaded over 3,000 357s on my Rock Chucker the first of this month.....it took 16 hours of going as fast as my old hands can go......which isn't nearly as fast as it used to be. I remember when I could grab a whole handful of 357 brass in my left hand and I could get one brass sorted out from the rest in my hand, have it between my thumb and forefinger ready to slide in the shell holder while my right hand ran the lever. It was just up and down with the lever and I fed the brass like a machine. Now-a-day I drop brass and get out of sync and pinch my fingers if I get to going to fast.

At this point in my life I see no need to change a thing. You won't find anything that will serve you any better for the rifle cartridges that you mentioned.

Default Looking for reloading equip

Thanks everyone. Sounds like if I can’t find a used one, I’ll have to keep an eye out for a rockchucker.

Btw I’m in Juneau.

Good decision. My own is even older than EKC's, but I must not be working it as hard as his cuzz I've never had to replace a thing! Meanwhile it's done everything I've asked of it, loading rounds ranging from 25 ACP to 460 Weatherby and a bunch in between. It's powerful enough that it's done a bunch of radical case forming without a hiccup, too. I figure my granddaughter's great grandkids will still be cranking on it, it's so reliable.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

I have a reloading table that is sturdy, home made and free. PM me