Thread: Too early for Moose?

Default Too early for Moose?

Me and my 1 year old grandson, Wade. Quite the man about camp.......

He loves hunting, guns, boats and placing food every where it can be fit, thrown or squeezed.
    I figured to support those habits, so he should go hunting with me.

The lady at the counter said if he cant look over the counter , he cant get a Moose permit ,so I bought him a beer.

A Rootbeer

Hes got shooting down, though by his second birthday he might end up with a sharp knife and a lighter....in November.....LOL!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Great pic! What is the rifle he's using?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

From the time my oldest was about 2 we would let her shoot the moose, bear, deer whatever it was with her .22 after it was dead of course. We would tell her that her rifle wasn't strong enough to take one down but that her gun was more than enough to "finish it off". From the time my girls could walk they have been part of most of our hunts and it always made them feel like they had a big part in it when we would let them finish it off. My oldest is now 6 and is deadly with that little 22 and hopefully will take her first deer this winter with my AR that she shoots really well.

I , too, spared no child from the bloodbath that starts our dinners, Tony

The rifle is a 'Crickett Precision', Formerguide, in .22S L and LR...... comes complete with possibly the worlds worst trigger ( I smooth'd that up with a nailfile), Match grade air gauged generic maker bull barrel, muzzle brake, funydinkerwacker Bipod, mildot AIM 3 power scope, and Arctic Warfare ripp'doff and miniaturized adjustable stock.

It hits the 8 inch steel ringer across the river, every time. Sometimes the kid hits it too

Since he cant get the Moose tag, I guess Ill have to do the shooting and let him drive, so he got a crash course on open Ocean boating with some river navigation and boat driving.......

The kid also throws rocks with eye popping (OUCH!!) precision, and splits wood like he's had a full former life as a lumber jack. Unsticks that hatchet like a pro!

I cant wait untill he speaks in sentences ; when hes up and tumbles staggeringly over the Tundra to our tent while Im making morning coffee, its a soft ''Gook!" and where ever he's pointing, there is, indeed, something..........Seagulls, Geese, Ravens, Muskox, Dying Salmon in the river, and , of course, butterflys.......

Im teaching him how to say ''Caribou'', 'Moose ', ' Bear ', and "What the hell is that, Tata??!!??''

Since hes very grown up for his age, we let him smoke

fish. Whitefish and Salmon , here with his mom

Its been awhile since my 7 kids were that small in the tents........Grand kids........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

A mans wealth lies in his heart. A man treasures are in his heart. Itís no accident family is kept there too.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Too early for Moose?

Your one proud papa!! Yes wade is a big boy! I should let Nathan see his 22lr more often. Iíve told ya about it but not sent ya pic...., that I remember anyways hehehehe legal SBR ruger 10/22 w ar style stock. Vortex viper red dot. 12.5Ē bull barrel w 5Ē flash hider. W suppressor sticking out itís still shorter than factory 18Ē 10/22! Tack driver to boot. Sadly not exposed Nathan to the ďhow toĒ world like youíre doin! But exposed been exposed to dead bears n plays on my dads 10íer. Nathan knows about all species of fish, sea mammals and land mammals plus most dinosaurs...... crazy how much they retain at this age!!

Keep on keeping on man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then they hit 13 and canít remember anything....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Ö.they don't need to remember anything because now, somehow right out of the blue, they know absolutely everything!

A mans wealth lies in his heart. A man treasures are in his heart. Itís no accident family is kept there too.
    I do believe there is a Japanese saying that goes something like.... The only thing we can hope for when we leave this world is the pride seen in our children's eyes when they speak of us....

Nothing brings a family closer than time in the wild, hunting, fishing and sitting around a camp fire

He's a handsome kid and I like his taste in rifles - looks like a miniature Accuracy International sniper rig.

That is awesome. Really awesome.

Thanks for sharing that!

Such wonderful pic and story. We have many great dads on this forum so I know the world is in very good hands.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

but when they come back....they come back as young adults....the change is amazing to watch.

Great pics and story ......