Thread: Small Windsock and/or weather station (100 Yards)

Default Small Windsock and/or weather station (100 Yards)

So.........I am finishing up a yard light.......and thinking, sure would be nice to also mount either a small windsock or a remote smallish weather station. It is weebit less then 100 yards cabin to light pole. Anyone have such a station........??? Or can suggest one.....???

Well...........the first "remote" station I found on Amazon will transmit 1,000 feet. So now it is just choosing a unit. I was mostly worried about the distance they will transmit.

I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 - wireless signal, and runs on battery/solar for minimal maintenance. You will be able to find cheaper but...you kind of get what you pay for?

Quote Originally Posted by knie0012 View Post
    I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 - wireless signal, and runs on battery/solar for minimal maintenance. You will be able to find cheaper but...you kind of get what you pay for?
    I am OK with paying for quality. I have 110/120 power to the pole now. I don't need a "Rain Gage"...........kind'a just want wind speed and direction. I ordered several windsocks for the 800 yard range.

I have often thought about something up at my house, but my trees are all pretty tall.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com