Thread: prop balancing

Default prop balancing

Anyone know of a place that rents a dynavibe or something similar for dynamic balancing in state.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskan9974 View Post
    Anyone know of a place that rents a dynavibe or something similar for dynamic balancing in state.
    I donít know if they rent it, but SilverSky Aviation at PAMR does balancing. I believe they are in the old Take Flight hangar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alaskan9974 View Post
    you generally rent the person who knows how to do the balancing, along with the machine...

There is a good IA named Jim Harden who works out of a hangar on East Mackey lake east of Soldotna. He does prop balancing.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Not in state but we have rented from Viking. They will mail it. I think it was $140/week. Good service.

Donít know of any in state.

It is easy to use. Dynavibe has plenty of instructions online. We are experimental so no A&P/IA required. Not sure of the OP situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    Not in state but we have rented from Viking. They will mail it. I think it was $140/week. Good service.

Donít know of any in state.

It is easy to use. Dynavibe has plenty of instructions online. We are experimental so no A&P/IA required. Not sure of the OP situation.
    Thanks, the guy I use has experience with them and I didn't want to shell out $1600 to buy one to do just a few planes so rental is cheaper then flying it down to civilization.

Next plane will be experimental. I am envious of what is available for them now a days.

eaa chapter in Kenai has one as well.