Thread: Jim Creek

Default Jim Creek

Are there silvers in Jim Creek yet?
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Run is just starting for the silvers. There are lots of reds though. I went there again yesterday AM and they were rolling up and down the bank really close in about a foot of water. I went 3 times last week and it has gotten better each time... for sockeyes that is.

I've never been to Jim Creek before. Can anyone give me the quick and dirty rundown on where to go and what to use? I'm not even sure where to drive and park!

In a word it's SLOW. Tonite there were about 50 people fishing and each half hour or so one fish would be landed. half of those were snagged. I'm more into catching than fishing and it's never any good there till close to the 1st of august.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I've never been to Jim Creek before. Can anyone give me the quick and dirty rundown on where to go and what to use? I'm not even sure where to drive and park!
    If you are coming from anch take the Old Glenn Hwy exit which is before the bridges on the palmer hay flats. At mile 8 is the bridge crossing the Knik River, keep going to near mile 9 is a big sign saying Race Track, take a right on that road and go past the race track and in less than a mile on the right you will see a series of gravel parking lots ( people with atvs park here)and a well traveled road heading into the woods. When you come out of the woods take a left and a half mile up you will see all the action on the right. Mostly trucks go in here. cars might bottom out on the road/trail going in there.
    From around August 1st on it is fairly easy to limit out on silvers, good luck.

Default Caught one...

One silver taken for three + hours of flogging the water and only one other snagged in the tailpipe...I've done better at Jim creek. I'm waiting a little longer till the run gets ramped up to start the hardcore floggin'...

Default got two, almost got shot

got two night and lost four the night before last. almost got shot by idiots with a .22 shooting up, down, into the river, every direction. A bunch of young guys in a wagon pulled by a larger atv.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.