Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with you fowl people?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBow View Post
    Hate to reiterate what Skybust said and hijak the thread but I think that you said it perfectly. I retired my hunting buddy in 2015 after 12 amazing seasons with him. I went out for the first two days of 2016 with some friends, shot limits easily, and when I came home my wife asked if I was planning on going out again the next weekend. I said that I just didn't really enjoy the hunt and she pointed out it was because I didnt have my buddy with me-she was right. I tried a few more times and just didn't like it as much and started focusing on other things. Primarily because of having to leave him behind, and a few big game hunts, I didn't even go hunting last year-not trying to brag, but those are the only two years since my early teens that I didn't break triple digits for yearly waterfowl harvest.
    I am going to give it a go this weekend as he enjoys retired life, but looking at spots for the wind forecast Saturday, I realized without a dog I cant even begin to hunt some of my favorite out of the way spots in the bulrushes because I would likely loose more birds in one hunt than I ever did with him by my side!
    Well, as you well know, bird hunting takes on a whole new meaning when you're hunting over a dog....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'll be back up in AK this friday to get ready for my moose hunt, might sneak out to my old honey hole and camp out for a night or two before I head up to unit 20. 5 year break from waterfowling and my shotgunning is so bad, I can't hit my @ss with both hands anymore, but I'll go out and shoot some shells.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

It’s been quiet because no one has shot something and posted a vague description or bad pic asking what it is...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo2382 View Post
    It’s been quiet because no one has shot something and posted a vague description or bad pic asking what it is...yet.
    Ha ha! Yeah, I did that one time here and reaped the wrath of the duck gurus. Never again!
    Well, I made it out and we killed a few this morning. Didn't have the dekes out for more than 5 minutes before we had some very quiet teal ghost in and start swimming amongst the mallard dekes. My son's first real duck hunt and he had fun, so I'm feeling happy tonight.

Yup it’s duck season. I’ve been out each day so far and killed some ducks and gone home with happy dogs. Enough detail? Lol

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Right on....like to see it when it's done!
    finished product, and ready for test runs!
    20180831_181258_001.jpg
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    finished product, and ready for test runs!
    20180831_181258_001.jpg
    Very nice should work awesome
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Had a great opening weekend with my son and friends got plenty of birds but didn't shoot limits every day but had a great time will be at it again Friday evening
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Attachment 96645One gwt today. Not many birds. One chance one bird down. Gonna try again tomorrow

My opening morning. Took a few hours to get them. Not too many ducks flying around with the lack of hunters. Lots of spots for the ducks to hide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I plan to hit it after moose season. I'm lucky to live only a minute or so away from the hayflats, used to hit it hard...time to dust off my dekes

Rockin the SUP that’s awesome.

Wife said I can use it as long as I clean the blood off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

How is your season going so far? Things seem to have really slowed down on the Pen compared to last weekend. Lots of single birds rather than groups, and very wary. Several missed shots, but we killed no birds this morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12