Fished Sunday on the Northside from 6:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. on the incoming tide and bagged 19 fish most of them were really big" hogs". Fishing was a bit slower than Saturday and weather was not nearly as nice. Saturday was very hot and I would rate Sunday as hot to good.

Points for successful Dipnetting:
  • Go....don't worry about crowds. I fished Saturday and Sunday and had a wonderful time. The whole vibe is positive, fun and family oriented. Say "hi" to the person next to you and you'll be chatting away and making new dipnet friends. I was cleaning fish and a guy came up and started talking to me about how big the fish were and I looked up and it was Tommy Moe. I said your the skier and he said yeah, what's your name and stuck out his hand. I showed him my fishy hands and he said don't worry about it and shook my hand.
  • Use a good dipnet..... if you want fish and want to do this in the future buy a top of the line dipnet. We use a 60 inch hoop with 20 ft extension for $180.00 and it's well worth it. It's called the "Curtain of Death" for a reason.
  • Take or buy ice before going and have lots of cooler space.
  • DO NOT CLEAN YOUR FISH IN THE SURF - Use any surface besides the beach. Keep them out of the sand as much as possible and get them on ice as soon as you can.
That's my take on the dipnetting scene, it's really fun and very productive. You don't really notice the crowd and as I said the people were all friendly and even helpful.

SpiderPig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does........