Thread: Recoil Pads

Default Recoil Pads

Does any one have experience with both the Pach. Decelerator and the Limb Saver recoil pads. Is there a noticable differance in the felt recoil of the two.
    Thanks

I have used both and the Limb Saver reduces more recoil in my opinion. I haven't used both on the exact same gun, but I have shot both on the same caliber and less than 1/2 pound weight difference in the guns.

The Limbsaver sold as the Remington R3 is a dandy! It makes 3" Brenneke loads in my 870 no problem at all. My 120lb. wife has no problems shooting them. Now if they would fit the 700LH I have, my shoulder would cry tender tears of joy.
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RainGull View Post
    The Limbsaver sold as the Remington R3 is a dandy! It makes 3" Brenneke loads in my 870 no problem at all. My 120lb. wife has no problems shooting them. Now if they would fit the 700LH I have, my shoulder would cry tender tears of joy.
    Get one installed on your 700 Remington. It's about a 45 min. job for a smith.

I agree that the Limbsaver reduces recoil more than the Pachmayr Deaccelerator. The Limsaver is made of softer material, but it also gets tore up quicker than the Pach. when plowing through heavy brush. I still use the Pach. on smaller rifles and the Limbsaver on the bigger guns. I would much rather replace a few Limbsaver pads than port the barrel. I pretty much despise ported barrels, in the woods or on the bench.

Woody

RainGull

You need to measure the butt of the stock and it may require a spacer but you can get a Limbsaver fitted on your 700 LH. I've got them on my 700 LH's.

Or you could do a grind away version and put up with the rough edges.

The Limbsaver makes a Super Black Eagle comfortable to shoot with 3 1/2 inch high speed steel loads. My next project is to put one on my 45-70 since I like to shoot the heavier loads and the hard curved butt plate is taking it's toll on a too old shoulder. I just haven't decided if I should buy a new butt stock so I can keep the gun original if I ever decide to part with it.

+1 on the Limbsaver-even on the grind to fit.

I do have a Pach. that is comb like and has foam like inserts on both top and bottom. Really a nice pad for my wife or.....me. Bill Soverns installed that on a blank(english walnut) I had him shape for my Rem. 30

both give good results

I have used both on the same rifle....
    The Limbsaver was better for recoil, BUT, that particular rifle was used in the mountains and sometimes had to help me climb a few Rocky slide areas....So it was cut up and came apart like an old pencil eraser...
    Now the same rifle has a Pachmeyer decelerator on it...About 75% as good for recoil but lots tougher in the field...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

When I contacted Limbsaver with the dimensions of the curved buttstock 700LH they said that my only option was their slip-on. That is aside from cutting the stock straight, or a curved spacer I presume. I suppose I could do the grind to fit, but was discouraged by her (the gal from Limbsaver) reply to my query.

Which pad did you get on one?
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.