Thread: Fishery thief, need info

Default Fishery thief, need info

I was talking to a neighbor (this will be neighbor 1) about this and that, we got on the subject of fishing. He had told me about a fishing trip on the Su with a neighbor ( neighbor 2) who lives closer to him. They were each on Catarafts and came to a place where there was a net strung out from the shore. Neighbor 2 had stated it was an illegal operation and decided to take action on his own and he cut the net loose and either let it float away or kept it, not sure. After doing this, neighbor 2 spotted a game camera on a tree or pole and went ashore and took it. Supposedly, there was a cabin up the hill. I asked neighbor 1 why he didn't report it and he said he felt intimidated not to. Neighbor 1 was in his 70's and no. 2 late 30's. Has anyone heard about this or know who owned that net and camera or shine any info on this? It would be appreciated so this person can be prosecuted. Thanks
    JOHN

Definitely deserves a call to fish and game. It was either theirs, or an illegal.

Default Describe what was illegal

Quote Originally Posted by alaska4ever View Post
    I was talking to a neighbor (this will be neighbor 1) about this and that, we got on the subject of fishing. He had told me about a fishing trip on the Su with a neighbor ( neighbor 2) who lives closer to him. They were each on Catarafts and came to a place where there was a net strung out from the shore. Neighbor 2 had stated it was an illegal operation and decided to take action on his own and he cut the net loose and either let it float away or kept it, not sure. After doing this, neighbor 2 spotted a game camera on a tree or pole and went ashore and took it. Supposedly, there was a cabin up the hill. I asked neighbor 1 why he didn't report it and he said he felt intimidated not to. Neighbor 1 was in his 70's and no. 2 late 30's. Has anyone heard about this or know who owned that net and camera or shine any info on this? It would be appreciated so this person can be prosecuted. Thanks
    You don't describe the time or place this occurred other than the Su. People can fish legally with nets in this State for commercial and subsistence uses. Was subsistence take allowed on this section of the river during that time? Why did your neighbor decide it was illegal? Regardless, I think your neighbors acted in a reckless manner themselves. Letting the net float away? Stealing a game camera that may or may not been related to net set. Possibly trespassing on private property to steal said camera. If it turns out your neighbors were in the wrong, I hope you have the integrity to step up and report them to AST.

A lot of my uncles cousins sisters brother said he heard from a cousin who........