Thread: Berners bay

Default Berners bay

Im not getting much for answers on the boating forum so I'll ask here. Anyone been up the rivers dumping into berners bay outside of Juneau? Antler river? Lace lake? Ive got an 18ft jet, and i was wondering about fishing in the summer, and hunting black bear in the spring. Anyone that has been up there before please share any info.

Lunger .. we have a family friend that used to spend lots of time up there in an air boat .... I'll give him a call when I get back to Juneau.

I have been working on a hooligan project up there for the last few years in the spring and yes there are lots of fun things to do. We run a 19ft jet on the Gilkey/Antler and there is plenty of water. In the spring it is a little thin on the Lace to be using that boat but the summer flows might be better. send me a PM and would be happy to pass what I know.

I'm guessing me and huna know eachother from somewhere...hmmm let me think...

Anyways, huna has some good information to give - We've ran the rivers in Berners quite a bit with a 16' Seaark Jet tunnel - And sticking it is usually pretty common a lot on the lace...

Shoot me or huna a pm, or both, and we'd be willing to help...

Spoke with my friend this morning and he used the exact same phrasing. "Thin" at the mouth... but would be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by huna View Post
    I have been working on a hooligan project up there for the last few years in the spring and yes there are lots of fun things to do. We run a 19ft jet on the Gilkey/Antler and there is plenty of water. In the spring it is a little thin on the Lace to be using that boat but the summer flows might be better. send me a PM and would be happy to pass what I know.
    I helped out with the hooligan project four years ago on the antler, pretty fun river from what I remember.

-Eric

Yeah, the mouth of Berners is the toughest area....after that its pretty smooth sailing...