Thread: Anchorage

Default Anchorage

I am taking one of the guys to anchorage August 1rst to fly out for vacation. Was thinking of doing some fishing up there and was wondering if there were any recomendations for you fellow fisherman. Would like to get into some silver or bows mainly but more out just to see alaska beauty and looking for some different scenory.

I am also thinking of heading down to the Anchorage area from Fairbanks. Will have relatives visiting. I think we will drop the women folk off in Anchorage for a night or two. The question is where to go. I have a 24' Almar, so I can go in large rivers or out to sea if it isn't too rough. I am new to the area and trips to PWS and Deshka have left me skunked. Open to all suggestions. We will be looking to fish around 2-5 Aug. I have both Halibut gear and Salmon rods. What I don't have is knowledge of the local area. Thanks in advance. Rob

Thumbs up Great fly out trip from Anchorage

We flew into Anchorage from MI and then did a float plane trip out of Anchorage to Lake Creek. It is only a 30-35 minute flight to where we went. It seems like it is only about 15 minutes. We flew with Regal Air. Had a great flight with them and they treated us great.(907)243-8535
    Actually flew out to a Lodge called Little River Anglers. They are on the Yentna River, but a minute away from Lake Creek. We had a great trip. Caught a little bit of everything. Kings, Silvers, Rainbows, etc. We fished the last 4 days of king season and then hit the other fish. I was amazed with the silvers. They are a great/aggressive fish to fight. We got to see lots of diff. scenery: Moose, Eagles, beaver, fox, a few blacks bears and lots of fish. We had some really nice boat rides also. Their day trip fishing only costs $250 for a day. If you go over night, they cook very good meals also. We stayed for 5 nights and ate great everyday. They also supply all the rods and reels if you don't feel like hauling your own stuff. I booked a June trip for the big kings next year, along with a August trip for Silvers, etc. Here is the lodge #(907)733-3113 or (989) 233-3113 Good luck Later, Jason

Sounds good. If it was just me and the Misses, that might work. But we have two kids, two in-laws, and two cousins visiting. Couldn't justify the cost when it is only really two of us that want to fish. Since I sent a small fourtune on a 24 ft Almar Jetline, I feel compelled to use it. So I am looking for somewhere I can tow the boat and launch myself, er launch the family. I think Whittier might be the best bet. I can leave those that don't want to fish in Anchorage. It is impossible to get 8 Adults and 2 kids to agree upon anything. Thanks, Rob