Thread: Any ideas how to get a predator 212?

Default Any ideas how to get a predator 212?

Just like it says. How do i get a hold of a predator 212 cc motor in Alaska? I've looked around Fairbanks some and haven't found one. I haven't looked in anchorage or anywhere south of Fairbanks. I'm building a surface drive for my canoe and need the predator motor and the typical places like amazon, harbor freight, and ebay charge more for shipping than the motor, I can't put it on the plane with me as a checked bag either. Any ideas?

Drain oil an gas clean it up no oil or gas smell , an box it. take it with you as extra, or try a trucking Co an see what it would cost to ship it by TK to Fairbanks AK. there was a person from Fairbanks doing a trip back an forth doing what you want dun , SID

They straight up ban it on Alaska Airlines flights. Any idea who the person was that was running back and forth?

NO sorry just what do they ban ?? Motor or motor parts ?? think about that , what about USPS after cleaning it up ?? I am at a loss passed that
    SID what is a motor an what is parts ??? think about that

Internal combustion enginesOutboard motors, chainsaws, generators, gas powered weed eaters

copied right from their website. The motor would be brand new. I believe the tag on it even says “shipped without oil”.

what is the weight?

there are a few options...

but truck at be best bet cost wise

Chris

Home Depot has the motor listed on their website....

order one from them... maybe few extra $$'s; but, they will ship to your local store for pickup

Chris

Sambuck12, were you ever able to order a predator 212?

I ended up buying one from harbor freight in Utah when I was down there and brought it up as a checked bag on the plane. It got stopped and examined going through the X-ray machine but after 45 mins it finally cleared. We called Ak airlines before buying it and we’re told that if it was new in box and no gas or oil it’d fly. I did find a place online that would ship it here for $60 though.

Quote Originally Posted by sambuck12 View Post
    I ended up buying one from harbor freight in Utah when I was down there and brought it up as a checked bag on the plane. It got stopped and examined going through the X-ray machine but after 45 mins it finally cleared. We called Ak airlines before buying it and we’re told that if it was new in box and no gas or oil it’d fly. I did find a place online that would ship it here for $60 though.
    That’s less than 1/2 what Lynden would charge you.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Supporting Member

I ordered mine off amazon I beleive, just found on that was willing to ship. AIH in juneau also carries identical motors to predators in the 6.5 hp and 11hp range. Different brand label but look identical.

I have a lead on getting some of these 6.5 predators bought and shipped to fairbanks for about $180 total if anyone is interested.