Thread: Fish Creek Boat Launch?

Default Fish Creek Boat Launch?

I heard there was a boat lauch at the end of S Knik Goose Bay Rd, but when we got down there we found nothing but large rocks. Besides the Knik River bridge near Wasilla/Palmer, is there anywhere closer to Fish Creek to launch a small boat?

Quote Originally Posted by w1a9c8k5 View Post
    I heard there was a boat lauch at the end of S Knik Goose Bay Rd, but when we got down there we found nothing but large rocks. Besides the Knik River bridge near Wasilla/Palmer, is there anywhere closer to Fish Creek to launch a small boat?
    There is a spot at the end of Cameo Drive by the Goose Bay airport that a person could launch a raft, canoe, or small boat down the bank by hand. It is not set up to launch and retrieve a trailered boat. Fish and Game has opened the gate there to provide this limited boat access to the Fish Creek dip net fishery. Please be sure to keep the area clean.

Most people launch canoes, rafts or small jonboats at the Fish Creek bridge and walk them down the creek until they get enough water to navigate. It's an adventure, to be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Most people launch canoes, rafts or small jonboats at the Fish Creek bridge and walk them down the creek until they get enough water to navigate. It's an adventure, to be sure!
    Yep, that's what I always do. Word of advice though. Be sure to plan it out so that you are taking out at high tide. It is a lot of work pulling a boat full of fish out of there at low tide. Believe me I've done it more than once. At high tide it ain't bad. You can put in at low tide, high tide or anywhere in between, but pulling out of there with fish is way easier at high tide.

We were going to launch my buddies 24 foot Woolridge this morningright into fish creek but the masses had the parking plum full, so couldn’t backdown to the creek. By our estimates it’s doable, probably have to stay on steppeall the way out to the inlet. . Thanks for nothing guys for ruining what couldhave been one heck of a morning…

Please make a video if you actually do this and post it. The look on the shoreline dippers will be epic. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    Please make a video if you actually do this and post it. The look on the shoreline dippers will be epic. Lol
    And the dipnetters on the Kenai get pissed at the commercial boys coming back into the river after a days work lol.