Thread: Share costs for road trip from Fairbanks to North Slope for caribou.

Default Share costs for road trip from Fairbanks to North Slope for caribou.

Trying to find three archers interested to share costs from Fairbanks to North Slope for caribou. Period one week for beginning of August 2018. Have comfortable 2015 truck camper which sleeps four. In addition will bring single tents and rental trailer for gear and animals. Have traveled to North Slope three times in past years. This invitation is meant for everyone and military persons who do not have reliable vehicle to make entire trip. Need to identify interested persons soon. If you prefer to drive your POV we can possibly create road caravan to the Slope. I am open to options. Thanks. My login name is Jojobou.

I am from Washington. My truck and gear are in anchorage. I fly in aug 3 at 1130 pm. Then hitting the road north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Tchoutacabouffa, my name is Rudolph but use nickname of Jojo. I have visited the North Slope three times. Understand you will visit Anchorage to obtain truck and equipment before driving through Fairbanks to North Slope? Your timetable of early August is agreeable with me. Have you driven to the North Slope before? Are you interested to create a "small caravan" to the North Slope? I will be lone driver and would like company. There is sufficient time to exchange info and plan the adventure. Are you an archer or long rifle shooter? My normal email address is jojola12rr@hotmail.com. Best to you.

Tchoutacabouffa, have a few questions. How many persons in your traveling party? Do you intend to use archery bow or long rifle? How many days do you intend to be in the North Slope? Do you have a truck camper or intend to use a tent? How many caribou do you intend to harvest? Thanks.

1, both, truck camper, 5+ days, 1 as a nonres.

Tapatalk, have a few questions. What is your meaning of "Both"? How many persons are in your party? The Fairbanks Fish & Game Office
    closes at 5PM (Monday - Friday). I also have truck camper. Checking my equipment for the trip. Best.

Both means bow and gun. Sent you my phone number for text to your email address.

Tapatalk, rented a four x nine foot open trailer for the trip. This will provide room for bulky equipment such as ice chests. I want to thank you for
    answering my invitation for another vehicle for the North Slope trip. I had verbal promises from several military persons in the Fairbanks area. Not one made confirmation with me for a ride. Disappointed! Looking forward to enjoy the drive North. This is my planned route: from Fairbanks to North side of Yukon river bridge for fuel and food. Continue from Yukon river to Coldfoot for more fuel and fuel. Finally from Coldfoot to southern side of Attigan Pass (Brooks Mountain Range). Need to follow one large freight truck who has radio confirmation that Attigan Pass route is clear. Once we clear the Pass we enter the North Slope. OK, Best.

Tapatalk, your arrival to Fairbanks is a few days off. You should arrive Fairbanks on Aug 4th sometime. Suggest we meet at
    Fred Myers (College) gas station. I will be parked just away from the fuel pumps. Give me a time window when you expect
    to arrive Fairbanks. My phone is 907-9781346. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojobou View Post
    Tapatalk, your arrival to Fairbanks is a few days off. You should arrive Fairbanks on Aug 4th sometime. Suggest we meet at
    Fred Myers (College) gas station. I will be parked just away from the fuel pumps. Give me a time window when you expect
    to arrive Fairbanks. My phone is 907-9781346. Thanks.
    How did y’all do?