Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confession of an Alaskan Master Guide

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    So the gaiters fit pretty good, I got large, apparently kuiu boys are a little slender in the calves. I think thereís just enough stretch in them to fit mine. The gray is pretty, and the little ram skull logo is just amazingly artistic. I just love the feel of the suede textured material against my skin, I only wore them to bed for the first two nights I had them. Wife said no more. So they are back out in the garage, but whenever Iím out there they are with me, we cut wood together the other day, took a long evening walk and pulled weeds in the garden, it was just one of those bonding days a guy never forgets, Katy Perry was blasting on my iPhone and Iím not gonna lie....we danced a little. I put my Kuiu sticker in the back window of my truck, wish they had sent more so I could put one on the wifeís rig, my gunnsafe, side by side, forehead, the boat window, local grocery store, and given them as gifts. Iím sure everyone would love them! Gotta run, days of our lives is on soon!!
    Lol! I shouldn't have been taking a sip of coffee as I read this. Now I have to wipe off my keyboard and monitor......

That's funny!!!
    I understand. For years and years, I refused to wear camo, because it seemed like the people who wore it were.......oh I don't know, just waaaayyyyy overdressed for hunting. It just didn't seem to fit their hunting abilities, you know?
    Well, a couple years ago, I completely changed. Why? Primarily because I am a woman, and I saw wearing camo as a sort of statement to other women, mostly. Now I wear camo almost every day, since I have several light jackets and vests.. Since I am of a "grandmother's age", it's not a high fashion statement. I just want other people to see a regular woman wearing camo, and maybe they'll realize I'm a gun-toting, gun-loving mama. I do a lot of photography out in the woods, so it helps there, too.

C9CEE5A0-09B8-44FA-9F5D-1596E979CB7B.jpg

Can't figure out how to rotate the pic, but I'm just hoping this makes me as cool as you Jake!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

As cool? Iím sorry my friend, but thatís the initiation drink of the fastest growing hunting cult I know!! Run away!! Run away!!

I will say the gaiters are quite nice.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

HmmmmmÖ.camouflaged beer. Who'd a thunk...???!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    HmmmmmÖ.camouflaged beer. Who'd a thunk...???!!!
    Seems like a bad idea to me. Especially if you've had a few.

I've been buying and using KUIU from the very beginning, when the founder broke away from Sitka and the products were produced in North America. Without a doubt KUIU has become extremely popular over the years. Typically, I tend to go the opposite direction of popular trends. However, buying excellent quality gear (for the most part) at reasonable prices with excellent customer service is called smart. Besides, we're not in high school anymore, so who gives a s-#-$-t what people think of you based upon what you're wearing.

That said, I'm definitely not buying their beer...I make my own, just like I handload my own ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

That said, I'm definitely not buying their beer...I make my own, just like I handload my own ammunition.
    Why would a guy buy a beer he can't see...???

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Why would a guy buy a beer he can't see...???
    Maybe someone with a drinking problem who is in denial, e.g., "I'm not drinking a beer, what beer, do you see a beer, I don't see a beer?"

Maybe someone with a drinking problem who is in denial, e.g., "I'm not drinking a beer, what beer, do you see a beer, I don't see a beer?"
    That's funny you say that......I used to work with a guy that was just a plain old smart a*s. One day when we were in the old Pay-n-Save down here in Soldotna, we were over lookin' round in the sporting goods dept. I was standing maybe 4 feet away from him looking at something and I heard him say plenty loud, "I don't see him." I looked over at him with a big question mark written on my face and he says again...."Do you see him?" I looked at him again like what the hell are you talkin' about, and I noticed some guy in full camo had walked in next to us.... I looked back at my buddy and said "Nope I don't see him do you see him?" My buddy looked at the guy with that typical smirk on his face and the guy looked at both of us, kinda shrugged his shoulders, and walked off. If I recall, even as the guy was walking off my buddy had to say one more time...."Nope, we don't see you!" Boy he was a smart a*s......

Pay-n-save?!?! What are you? 80?!?
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Pay-n-save?!?! What are you? 80?!?
    pretty sure that was down there between the daugerreotype shop and the sasparilla fountain.....
    "Ė Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

I've been buying and using KUIU from the very beginning, when the founder broke away from Sitka and the products were produced in North America. Without a doubt KUIU has become extremely popular over the years. Typically, I tend to go the opposite direction of popular trends. However, buying excellent quality gear (for the most part) at reasonable prices with excellent customer service is called smart. Besides, we're not in high school anymore, so who gives a s-#-$-t what people think of you based upon what you're wearing.

Technically it's not made by KUIU, it's Anchorage Brewing Company. I guess they just had an agreement with KUIU to use their camo pattern on the can. They make a Verde IPA as well.

That beer is really good too by the way, Anchorage brewing is making some really good stuff.

Doc, I make my own too, nothing like a fresh batch of home brewed beer. I just got my kegging set up finished a couple months back. I'm loving having my beer on tap!

Sorry for the derailment.

I started a KA thread, sound like some of you guys may need a AA thread!
    Master guide 212

HAHAHAHAHAHHA! Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123