Thread: Stolen Boat

Default Stolen Boat

My girlfriend's drift boat and trailer was stolen out of our yard last week. She's been posting to Facebook, but thought I might post here too. 20' Willie Boat. Has some markings on its side from years as a guide boat. If you see it let me know or just call the police. Much appreciated!

Do you have a picture you can add? Or link to the fb post that has the picture?

The thieving has gotten way out of hand. Thanks politicians for nothing. SB91 was a colossal mistake, and we are the ones paying for it. Car insurance rates have jumped and I suppose homeowners will be next.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiAK View Post
    Do you have a picture you can add? Or link to the fb post that has the picture?
    I posted a few pics in the original post, are they not showing up? They show up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yanbu View Post
    I posted a few pics in the original post, are they not showing up? They show up for me.
    When I click on drift boat, it goes to an Ebay page.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    When I click on drift boat, it goes to an Ebay page.
    That's one of those auto generated ads, inserted after the post was made.

Yanbu, I don't see any pics. Not even any broken links. Something didn't work.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

What is the general location the boat was taken from? Some places have more 20' willies than others.
    "Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    What is the general location the boat was taken from? Some places have more 20' willies than others.
    Taken from Anchorage.

Attachment 96317Attachment 96318

Trying the pics again.

I would suggest joining the Facebook user group "Stolen in Alaska" and make the post so it can be shared. Get good pictures and details in the post so people can keep an eye out for it. Check campgrounds near Anchorage, Bird Creek campground, as the thieves potentially need a place to stash the boat out of sight.

Good luck,

Doug

There is also Anchorage Alaska police Scanner, and Anchorage Scanner Joe (FB groups). They want you to have a report #. G/L on getting the boat back.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    The thieving has gotten way out of hand. Thanks politicians for nothing. SB91 was a colossal mistake, and we are the ones paying for it. Car insurance rates have jumped and I suppose homeowners will be next.
    My thoughts are the same with the bear population in town. If a few were shot, the majority of the rest will get the message.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.