Thread: Flo-tec linkage and Wooldridge bucket question

Default Flo-tec linkage and Wooldridge bucket question

Hello Everyone-

I have had a Wooldridge reverse bucket for a few years now and it has worked well. My throttle is a little heavy handed and I was thinking of upgrading to the Flo-tec linkage.

Does anyone have a few years of experience using the Flo-tec linkage? How is it holding up? Any issues?

I have the original shifter and cable that came with my Jetcraft and it is still working fine.

Just wanted to get anyone's opinion on this upgrade.

Thanks,

M.

You are fortunate--the Woolie bucket usually tears up the factory controls pretty quickly. Flo-Tec is more substantial.

Iíve had the flow tech shifter and linkage with the woolie reverse bucket for three years on my extreme shallow. Works great and canít imagine having the boat without it. No issues and my kids always play in the boat and really give the shifter and run fronts money while they pretend to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Questions about moving to or from Alaska? Hit us up:
    Far North Real Estate, LLC
    www.myfairbankshome.com
    contact@farnorthrealestate.com

Quote Originally Posted by fatbacks View Post
    Iíve had the flow tech shifter and linkage with the woolie reverse bucket for three years on my extreme shallow. Works great and canít imagine having the boat without it. No issues and my kids always play in the boat and really give the shifter and run fronts money while they pretend to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Exactly the information I needed!

M.

The linkage works great for what it was designed to do, lock out the bucket in reverse. This is my third season on it and it's holding up well.

It will reverse the operation of the shift cable so you have to change it at the control too.

Iíve had the Bucket, linkage and shifter on for over two hundred hours of run time, I wouldnít want a Sportjet without it. This season I did encounter some wear issues with bucket bushings due to the linkage wearing and the bucket not staying fully locked up and out of reverse but this would have been avoided had the linkage been adjusted each season as it wore.

You can not go wrong with the flow tech set up and the Wooldridge bucket. Get the bronze bushing from Burkshore Marina. Make sure your linkage is adjusted right and you should be good to go.. The silt in the rivers really tears them up.