Thread: RH River Hawk Boats Super Pro V & Willie

Default RH River Hawk Boats Super Pro V & Willie

I'm thinking about ordering and taking a boat up to my Sterling cabin next year. Unfortunately, most of the year I'm stuck in Washington, but my summer months are spent up at the cabin.

I've been looking at the River Hawk "RH" boats and the Willie Predator. There is a significant price difference between the different boats. Either of the boats would be ordered from the factory and equipped with a F50 Yamaha. My usual load will be 2-3 adults and a child. 90% of the time, the boat will be on the Kenai River or Lakes around the Peninsula. I intend to take the boat out for halibut/kings around Anchor Point or Ninilchik a few times per year depending on weather.

Willie Predator 20'
    72" Bottom Width
    102" Beam
    32" Sides
    .190 Hull thickness

RH has two different 20' boat models. The most expensive RH Super Pro V Kenai is about 8-10k less than the Willie. Both of these Boats have a reverse chine hull and a similar hull design to the willie.

Super Pro V 20' Kenai
    78" Bottom Width
    103" Beam
    32" Sides
    .190 hull thickness

The regular Super Pro V 20' is about $3600 less than the Kenai edition.

Super Pro V 20'
    66" Bottom Width
    92" beam
    32" sides
    .160 hull thickness

Both brands of boats are built about 3 miles away from each other in southern Oregon.

Does anyone have experience with RH boats? I've seen more Willie Predator and Classics than I can count around the peninsula. They are a proven boat, but the price difference is substantial. I know that Dewey's carries these RH boats. Has anyone stopped by and looked at them?

I spoke with Dewey's this morning about the RH Super Pro V 20' Kenai Edition. They informed me that this boat pushes 18-20mph at top speed with the T50 Yamaha. That is unacceptable in my opinion. I'll be pricing a Willie next week. Hopefully this information will help someone else in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by arctic razorback View Post
    I spoke with Dewey's this morning about the RH Super Pro V 20' Kenai Edition. They informed me that this boat pushes 18-20mph at top speed with the T50 Yamaha. That is unacceptable in my opinion. I'll be pricing a Willie next week. Hopefully this information will help someone else in the future.
    How fast will the Willie go with the same motor?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    How fast will the Willie go with the same motor?
    The Willie Classic video from their website says they have GPS speeds of up to 32mph.

Supporting Member

The classic is totally flat at the transom, zero deadrise, the predator comes with 5 or 10 degree dearise. Be good to know how much deadrise the RH boats have, their website does not state which is annoying. Boats of similar weight with similar dimensions and degrees deadrise are going to run at very similar speeds.

The Willie Classic video from their website says they have GPS speeds of up to 32mph.
    That's crazy that 2 similar shaped and sized boats can have such different top speeds with the same motor.

The main difference in the hulls is that the RH is a reverse chine. If I remember correctly, the RH also had a few more degrees of dead rise than the 10 degree Willie Option.

A mod v jon style boat has always been the less expensive option. Another forum member answered some questions I had in regards to their G3 w/ 50hp setup. He mentioned fully loaded speeds over 30mph. I called SeaArk this morning, and they suggest similar 50 hp performance with a load.

I ordered a SeaArk 1872 MVT (Tunnel Prop) setup today with the following options:
    50hp Mercury Command Thrust, Big Tiller
    Pods
    Electrical package w/ bilge
    Additional Transom support
    Hydraulic Jackplate (still deciding which model to go with)
    Full Tread plate Floor (painted)
    Galvanized Trailer

The SeaArk 1872 base weight is 60% of the Willie Classic 2072, and it has 1" taller sides. Freeboard should be similar with both boats. I'll update this post with the boat's performance after it is picked up in a few months. The cost savings were substantial over both the Willie and RH. Hopefully, the boat will be more useful on a variety of rivers with the additional speed and tunnel prop setup.