Thread: Boat charters Fairbanks or Nenana?

Default Boat charters Fairbanks or Nenana?

I am trying to get up the Wood River in the Tanana Flats area for a moose tag. Dragged our feet on air charters and most that i know are booked up in September. Wondering if anyone in Fairbanks or Nenana areas would take 3 people up the wood river to near Prax airstrip. We’re planning to use PR 49 packraft to float hunt our way back to Nenana. Any recommendations out there?

Supporting Member

I own the Wood River Lodge on the Wood River. You can fly all of your gear including your PR 49 to the lodge and float down from there.
    The Charters might be full, but try Denali Air out of Healy. They can get you in in a 185 or Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by pashoet View Post
    I am trying to get up the Wood River in the Tanana Flats area for a moose tag. Dragged our feet on air charters and most that i know are booked up in September. Wondering if anyone in Fairbanks or Nenana areas would take 3 people up the wood river to near Prax airstrip. We’re planning to use PR 49 packraft to float hunt our way back to Nenana. Any recommendations out there?