Thread: Chessie needs home

Default Chessie needs home

I am just throwing this out there. If interested, please PM me. I have a 7 year old Chessie, in-tact female. She has papers and apparently comes from a well-known bloodline among Chesapeakes. She is a sweet people lover and a beast of a retriever. She is not friendly towards other dogs though.

Anyway, I love her to death and she is the best, coolest, toughest, smartest dog I have ever owned, but because I love her, I want her to have a better life. My life situation has gone from being with her 24/7 to having barely enough time to let her out to play an hour a day. I don’t want this for her but I also don’t see it getting better anytime soon.

She is trained to retrieve and trained with the whistle, but I have not kept it up, so it would need a bit of refreshing for the field - but she does remember it all and it wouldn’t take long. I pretty much trained straight from the book, Water Dog.

Anyway, if anyone out there would be a good home and would like a duck hunting buddy, it would break my heart to see her go, but it bugs me more to see her not get to hunt much while she is in her prime.

Let me me know and we can talk. Thanks.

This is is not a sale offer. This is a “free to a good home” offer, if it’s a fit.

Did this girl find a home?

She has not yet, no.

One guy really wanted her, but she’s not too keen on other dogs and he has some, so he thought it best not to. Another PMd me but I haven’t heard back since I replied.