Thread: Dogtra 200c problems

Default Dogtra 200c problems

Picked this up a year ago at a local box sporting goods store. Just started using it a couple weeks ago. Tried it on my fingers seemed really low.... perfect (I had it set around 5 on 0-100 range). Dog seemed VERY sensitive at times to where I would check to make sure it hadnt dialed up by accident. Now at times I can’t feel it even up around 20 (i.e. 2), then suddenly YOWZA!!! I thought my dog was just being overly sensative flinching with it under 1/10 but I think it’s giving a pretty good TINGLE sometimes and other times I can’t feel it AT ALL. I’m using the Bill Hillman method with (supposedly) very light stimulation given as feedback every time a command is given (vs correction). No way no how this thing can be used for that the way it is. Not REAL sure I’ll have a lot of confidence in it even if they say it’s fixed. Has anyone else run into this? Have a collar THEY use successfully at LOW levels?? I just got a JOLT at 2/20 I’d hate to feel a 9 or 10!!

Follow-up. I paid postage to send it back to dogtra to have them check it out. They said it was fine. Then they wanted me to pay $25 postage to get it back. I got it back. Trying to use it again, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. This is evident from not only the dogs reaction, Iíve tried it on my own fingers and wrist. Sometimes thereís a tingle, sometimes NOTHING. Maybe if you use this colar in the higher ranges, it would work. I didnt get it to SHOCK myself or my dog. Be advised. Any suggestions on collars that actually DO function in the lower ranges (1-2 on a scale of 1-10) would be appreciated.

Gotogo..... Would be happy to discuss both shock collar and pigeons with u. Hopefully u still have my pm with my ph number I sent u on another occasion. Shock collar usage, I think, deserves a little more discussion than could be passed along in a few simple sentences. I love my dogs and Iím sure u do too. Iím interested in how u are coming along with your pup and STILL leave u with an open offer to do some bird training, basic command training, and collar correction training. Iím willing to meet u on neutral ground somewhere between my place and yours if u want.
    All I will say here on the collars are.... quality of collars will generally increase as the price of the collar increases. They should be tested on your dog each time u put the collar on him to see what the collar should be set at. Conditions like humidity, fur condition, a wet dog, etc all determine what setting is proper for that particular time.
    Let me know if I can be of some help. I am always willing to learn a few things myself about dogs.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

My dogtra is 12yo n still doing good! No issues. Just used yesterday at Russian river. Mine is basic, 1-10 settings w either choice of nick or constant. I keep mine on 2. Sheís always responded to it no matter the conditions. I donít use it for praise or anything else other than correction.

If u test it, u have to test it on your inside of ur wrists. Most sensitive, just like testing bottle of milk for a baby. Finger tips are to tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger that.... thatís EXACTLY how I test it. fooled with it again today. Sometimes it ďworksĒ sometimes it doesnt. An undependable collar is like a gun that sometimes goes off..... worthless. I was also not at all impressed with their customer service. Moving on to another collar.

Quote Originally Posted by gottago View Post
    Roger that.... thatís EXACTLY how I test it. fooled with it again today. Sometimes it ďworksĒ sometimes it doesnt. An undependable collar is like a gun that sometimes goes off..... worthless. I was also not at all impressed with their customer service. Moving on to another collar.
    Now that I think about it, I think mine came w tester in Ď06. Supposed to light up, plastic jobber. Anyways mine is super old n still goin strong. Battery last months on a single charge still. Maybe next one go simpler. Otherwise maybe just made the same as 12 years ago. Bummer tho for sure. Ah one last thing.... check prongs- mine came two sets. Maybe they r loose if replaceable for different hair types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk