Thread: Skwenta Run - Follow

Default Skwenta Run - Follow

We bought some cabin property on the Yetna near Skwenta. I have never ran up the Yetna and would be interested in following someone up this Saturday 6/30/2018. Trying to avoid the sand bar learning curve if possible. not sure if I can recieve messages. nick.gerritsen10@gmail.com 360 831 2219

Thanks,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by gert7 View Post
    We bought some cabin property on the Yetna near Skwenta. I have never ran up the Yetna and would be interested in following someone up this Saturday 6/30/2018. Trying to avoid the sand bar learning curve if possible. not sure if I can recieve messages. nick.gerritsen10@gmail.com 360 831 2219

Thanks,

Nick
    Ill be heading to my cabin just above lake creek Friday around 1pm if that helps
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

The Yentna is one of my favorite rivers to run. I feel like it's generally a simple river to run, of course you must respect it as with any river here in this state though. Just stick to the main channel and it shouldn't be a problem.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...afc&gage=ylka2

Quote Originally Posted by acg515 View Post
    The Yentna is one of my favorite rivers to run. I feel like it's generally a simple river to run, of course you must respect it as with any river here in this state though. Just stick to the main channel and it shouldn't be a problem.
    Yes, but it is very easy to get stuck getting to it if you don't know the way!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
    2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Yes, but it is very easy to get stuck getting to it if you don't know the way!
    Maybe sometimes, but mostly not..
    The rivers are so high right now, itd be a pretty easy run down there, even without running with anyone else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had issues getting stuck but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by acg515 View Post
    I've never had issues getting stuck but that doesn't mean it's not possible.
    Youre right.. its possible..
    But this summer compared to previous summer water levels, Id say the odds are definitely in the boaters favor this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk