Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Good Windlass

BK, What size double braid to get 420'...? currently using 3/8.... used 2/0 wire.... spendy, but no voltage drop
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    BK, What size double braid to get 420'...? currently using 3/8.... used 2/0 wire.... spendy, but no voltage drop
    It's Lone Stars 8 mm double braid.
    We carry it along with the bow sprits, rollers, anchors, remotes, chain guard, etc.....

The guys on Wicked Tuna are installing Lone Stars on their boats.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    BK, looks like the 3 would work for my 24' Glasply, If I am reading everything correctly the motor can be on either side and roatated as needed to fit, motor is such that there is no reverse or forward... samo/samo just how you spool the rode...?

How about this synthetic rode/rope combo you have...? Tell me more.....
    Gramps I think your in Valdez. If you want to see one send me a PM and I will tell you my boat slip number and can maybe meet you there to show you. I love it. My mind was made up when I was out an Knowles Head pulling by hand on the bow in a four foot chop by myself.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Gramps I think your in Valdez. If you want to see one send me a PM and I will tell you my boat slip number and can maybe meet you there to show you. I love it. My mind was made up when I was out an Knowles Head pulling by hand on the bow in a four foot chop by myself.
    Thanks Dave, The boat is in Valdez....... sadly I am in Fairbanks earning $ for more fuel.....!
    I did walk the docks when we were there a few weeks ago and seen a few LS's.... may have laid eyes on your boat.....?
    When you fist posted you were wanting 600' of rode... How much did you end up with? Did you use the 8mm (5/16)? Happy with that size? I had to pull ours by hand when the pins broke on our brand X I wasn't too thrilled with pulling 3/8 by hand... 5/16 would really suck, of course I hope I never have to pull by hand again....!
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Yes I was wanting 600 but could not afford that size winch. I went with Brian's recommendation and a G3 with 420 plus chain. He does have synthetic that adds more length/cost. But so far what I have is working.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345