Thread: Silvers at ship creek?

Default Silvers at ship creek?

Anyone have reports of how the silvers are coming in at ship? And how do you fish for them, just some roe on a single hook 18 inches under a bobber?

Eagle River, AK

I've heard of some being caught, but haven't been down there myself, so can't say for sure.

As for fishing methods, roe under a bobber will certainly work. People also do well down there casting vibrax at high tide. There are also some folks that cast flies farther up where there is adequate current.

Thanks for the fishing advice brian- does anyone have any reports though ?=(

I've worked it the last couple days. Had a few on but lost them. Fishing a bead. No luck with lures yet. Yesterday (Sat) there was a ball of Pinks in at high tide with some silvers mixed in.

I'd say right now it's a 50/50 chance. Some got limits...some got nothing.

Default ship creek this morning

Down there this morning for about an hour and a half. Fished beads and yarn, with the outgoing tide. I didn't get any action, but I did see two other guys carrying dime-bright silvers. Still seems to be pretty slow down there. For a good 45 minutes, I was the only guy fishing the deep hole between the footbridge and the restaurant. You know when you have Ship Creek to yourself -- the fishing is slow!!