Thread: Good response from TSX loads

Smile Good response from TSX loads

What kind of shooting results for accuracy and hunting results have you all experienced with the TSX bullet especially the 180gr TSX in 30 Cal ? I will be testing this week the 180gr TSX in my 30-06 AI. My OAL in my Lilja barreled AI is 3.232" and I hope this is enough jump for the TSX. I have found in my 300WBY, 257WBY, 30-06, and 7mmSTW, that if I give the TSX .050" or slightly more that my groups will be under an inch at 100yds. In fact what really was surprising at first in using the TSX was the fact, that no matter which cartridge I have mentioned above I get fantastic if not phenomenal groups out of the TSX. I will be using the following powders, RL-19, RL-22, IMR4350, Norma MRP, and H-4831. I weigh each box of TSX. I make sure brass is the same length, and I get the best results with Weatherby brass and in my other cartridges I use Winchester brass. I use CCI 250 primers in Magnums and Fed. 210 in standard cartridges. I really like the 180gr bullet in 30 cal. and there are so many good ones made today. Killed a big white tail buck last season with a 180gr Accubond and it did it's job. And I dropped a large hog when going hunting in the swamps in another state with the 180gr TSX and it did it's job in spades. Tuesday or Wed morning of this week will be fun at the range and I will also be sighting in my BDC scopes for the 300WBY and 257WBY for this up coming hunting season. Yep, going to have some fun.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

my .416 shoots the txs 350 grain under an inch at a hundred if i'm on a bench, does well out to 200 as well but never shot it any farther on paper. love the bullet, shoots so much better than my nosler partitions outa the same gun.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Well I tried them in my 30-06 Ackley Imp and got 2926FPS using MRP and a group size of .732 although I did know I pulled the third round.

I will be using the TSX 180gr in all my 30 cal. now and 100gr in my 257.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Arrow Great Accuracy

I shoot the TSX bullet in most of my firearms, the major exception is that I shoot the MRX out of my 300 win, I recently shot a 2.75" group @ 300 yds with the MRX, I was getting under an MOA with the same load using the TSX, so both are great bullets. I shot my spring bear with my 338 win at right about 325 yds, using the federal 225 TSX Load. I also use the 400gr in my .416 Rigby, and have been very impressed with the results. I fired the 416 into the river ice this last year, the bullet pentrated over 16" and made a hole 1' around, then I recovered the bullet and weighted it, sure enough it weighed 400grs, and looked just like the add. I cannot imagine a much tougher trial for a bullet than ice @ 2600 FPS! If you do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsmith80 View Post
    I shoot the TSX bullet in most of my firearms, the major exception is that I shoot the MRX out of my 300 win, I recently shot a 2.75" group @ 300 yds with the MRX, I was getting under an MOA with the same load using the TSX, so both are great bullets. I shot my spring bear with my 338 win at right about 325 yds, using the federal 225 TSX Load. I also use the 400gr in my .416 Rigby, and have been very impressed with the results. I fired the 416 into the river ice this last year, the bullet pentrated over 16" and made a hole 1' around, then I recovered the bullet and weighted it, sure enough it weighed 400grs, and looked just like the add. I cannot imagine a much tougher trial for a bullet than ice @ 2600 FPS! If you do let me know.
    Now that is just to cool, yep, they are tough bullets. Thanks for the story.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS