Thread: float pods for G3 1860 with 90/65 jet.

Default float pods for G3 1860 with 90/65 jet.

My family recently purchased a lightly used G3 1860 Outfitter with 90/65 Yamaha 4 stroke jet. The standard Dewey's package. It's pretty stern heavy with motor, batteries, myself, rear mounter center console. Has Smartrim tabs. I currently have a July appointment scheduled at Greatland to have custom float pods installed hoping to be able to cruise shallower water/low rivers at slower speeds like the Little Su. Anyone else have this modification done to this hull or similar and not like the change? I know there are many of this exact same boat around and I 'd rather get advise coming from field experience. Thank you.

I have factory pods on my 1852 Alweld, and find they do allow me to run amazingly shallow. Seems they also help in tight turns. Drawback is rocks--that's the first spot that will hit, and if you do and they fill with water, well, you can guess what happens. JMHO.

Akgriz,
    Thankís for your input. I look forward to seeing the difference and donít think Iíll be disappointed. I see them on similar size Sea Arks and other G3ís.

I have factory pods on my SeaArk 1860. Really helps the hole shot!