Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Talkeetna river 3rd - 5th

  1. #1
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default Talkeetna river 3rd - 5th

    Im thinking the talkeetna, clear creek and fish creek fish for dollys and reds if they have made it in. For the 4th of july, 2 boats going so far. Maybe do some exploring, if anyone is interested in tagging along in their boat.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey I'll be up in Willow at that time. What date / time you plan on launching (assuming from Talketna?). Looks like it's going to be to hot to get any building done so some fun on the water in the boat could be just the ticket. I haven't even had mine in the water this year because everything was closed to fishing. Was thinking about launching at Susitna Landing and trying to make a run up to Talketna or something.. I have no experience on the Talketna so it would be fun to tag along with others who've run it.

  3. #3
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default

    What do you have for a boat? Ill be launching at talkeetna but thats the fastest flowing river in the state at 14knots its q fun but dangerous river. We will be fishing clear creek and larsen creek for dollys and whatever else hits i was up there 2 days ago and killed it with my flyrod
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic_import View Post
    Hey I'll be up in Willow at that time. What date / time you plan on launching (assuming from Talketna?). Looks like it's going to be to hot to get any building done so some fun on the water in the boat could be just the ticket. I haven't even had mine in the water this year because everything was closed to fishing. Was thinking about launching at Susitna Landing and trying to make a run up to Talketna or something.. I have no experience on the Talketna so it would be fun to tag along with others who've run it.
    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Talkeetna river 3rd - 5th

    I just ran too Disappointment Creek this last Saturday...
    I want too go again on the 4th, but my buddy who also took his boat has plans and canít make it.. I could, but I really donít feel like doing that far of a run with just the wife and I. Thereís some bigger water just before you get there, itís nice too have other folks around...
    But we flat killed the reds in fish creek on the way down that day too.
    Another buddy was in Fish crk today, the reds are already gone...
    Im totally in if yíall are interested in running up that far?
    It was running around 15mph up in the canyon/Park and about 11mph from Larsen on down too the launch..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    I just ran too Disappointment Creek this last Saturday...
    I want too go again on the 4th, but my buddy who also took his boat has plans and canít make it.. I could, but I really donít feel like doing that far of a run with just the wife and I. Thereís some bigger water just before you get there, itís nice too have other folks around...
    But we flat killed the reds in fish creek on the way down that day too.
    Another buddy was in Fish crk today, the reds are already gone...
    Im totally in if yíall are interested in running up that far?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im game, how far passed larsen creek is it? I got my boat and another going for sure, both 21ft alaskan xl wooldridge sportjets

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Talkeetna river 3rd - 5th

    Itís another 20-30 minutes up from Larsen..

    Iím down for an 0900 launch time at the Talkeetna boat launch!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Count me in, message me and ill send you my number

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    PM sent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default

    I have a 21ft Alaskan XL with Sportjet. Sounds like 9am at TKA launch. I hope to make it.

  10. #10
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arctic_import View Post
    I have a 21ft Alaskan XL with Sportjet. Sounds like 9am at TKA launch. I hope to make it.
    Right on, see ya there


    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Iíll be there at 0900 come hell or low water!!
    Iím in!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12

    Default

    Well I'm not going to make it after all. Have fun, post some pics.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Iím here...
    I guess Iím running solo today...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    I ran way up there to Disappointment Creek.
    Water has came up about a foot since last Saturday and is smoking along in the canyon.
    Around 15mph I figured..
    The last big push of rapids before the creek was even bigger.
    About 6í!!
    What a nice rush that was..
    Once passed those, we had the whole place too ourselves.
    Caught some really nice 20+Ē Dollies and a stud 25Ē rainbow..
    Weather was epic!!
    The wife hooked about a 20# king on an ultralight, broke the rod, and still landed it..
    Of course we let it go, but fun none the less..
    Yíall missed out...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Next time for sure

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Member Jimw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Went to Larson Creek last weekend. The river has changed some since last fall. I'm going to go up through the braids past Sheep and try and make the Disappointment creek this weekend. Talked to a friend that has done it a he said the braids have changed quite a bit
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Yep, quite a few sandbars have moved, LOTS more trees n stumps in the river as well compared too the last few years.
    The last big rapid before Disappointment creek, stay to right side going up and down...
    You should have a good time..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Member Jimw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up. I only went as far as Larson this weekend. I normally run up the left side of the wave train and cross over just past the wall below disappointment creek.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

  19. #19
    Member waterdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimw View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I only went as far as Larson this weekend. I normally run up the left side of the wave train and cross over just past the wall below disappointment creek.
    See any reds?

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Member Jimw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    491

    Default

    just a few in fish creek, left overs from that small early run. Larson was empty. Disappointment is a couple of weeks out. I haven't fished Larson for a couple of years since they wrecked by improving the wheeler trail from ComSat.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •