Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Kasilof River Dipnetting Reports

Default 2018 Kasilof River Dipnetting Reports

This thread is for the posting of dipnetting reports for the 2018 season for the Kasilof River. Let's hear it!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself or guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Addresses
    http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    https://akoutdoorsuniversity.com
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I know it's early yet, but does anyone have any reports from dipping down on the Kasilof? My July is getting eaten up so I am looking to make a run down midweek to make sure I get some fish in the freezer. Sonar counts have been pretty low so far, but it's above the PU area, so I just wanted to see if anyone had better information. I know it will be slow, but if I'm only going to catch 5 in 24 hrs from a boat it might not be worth it.

My neighbor came back yesterday (Sunday) with 7 reds. They fished Sat night/Sun morning.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by AudiAK View Post
    I know it's early yet, but does anyone have any reports from dipping down on the Kasilof? My July is getting eaten up so I am looking to make a run down midweek to make sure I get some fish in the freezer. Sonar counts have been pretty low so far, but it's above the PU area, so I just wanted to see if anyone had better information. I know it will be slow, but if I'm only going to catch 5 in 24 hrs from a boat it might not be worth it.
    I have been doing some work down there on Kasilof Beach Rd. and seen a fair amount of traffic going in and out with nets and 4 wheelers, but have not gone dip netting myself, spoken to anyone that has, nor driven down to the campground lately. Looks like either those using this forum have nothing to brag about or share though.

Please remember, HAUL IT IN, HAUL IT OUT. My backyard is not your landfill or Petri Dish.

Also, the speed limit on Kasilof Beach Road is 15 miles an hour, please slow down. At minimum your speeding ruins the road, and you don't want to hit something, someone, churn up a lot of dust, or get the lady with the SLOW sign pissed off at you. Form what I have been told, she is a nice person, but not terribly friendly with thoughtless, inconsiderate, ignorant speeders.
    Last edited by uhldwm; 07-02-2018 at 10:21. Reason: continue

MRFISH, do you know if they were fishing by boat or shore? And was that 7 in total between a couple people or each? Also, your signature is great! Ron Swanson has a lot of wisdom.

uhldwm, yeah I've gone early like this years before and it seems to typically be nothing to write home about this time of year. I'm hoping that I am able to net a few more by boat vs shore to make it worth the quick run down/back. Thanks for the reminders too about use of the area. One reason I really like this fishery is it has the feel of people left alone to go harvest their fish. The people/community there have always been great when I go. I feel like if we can take care of it and be respectful on our own it's more likely to stay that way. As good or better than you found it is the attitude to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    This thread is for the posting of dipnetting reports for the 2018 season for the Kasilof River. Let's hear it!

-Mike
    Any reports? Heading down Wednesday. Numbers don’t seem very great, and I usually dip the Kenai but seems it’s too early there also. But I work on the slope so this is my only chance. C’mon fish

I went two days ago, fished couple hours of the ebb....got one nice blueback, then nothing. Family right next to me was slaying them however....fish are there, not huge numbers, but they are coming in.
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    I went two days ago, fished couple hours of the ebb....got one nice blueback, then nothing. Family right next to me was slaying them however....fish are there, not huge numbers, but they are coming in.
    My friend is down there, they fished all day from a boat, did get 50, people on shore catching them but kinda slow .

Very slow with very small fish yesterday afternoon and evening.

We had good luck. We fished for a couple hours on Wednesday and got 30. We fished for maybe an hour or hour and a half on Thursday and caught 45 to finish our limit. We were fishing with 2 nets from a raft.

Our friend fishing from shore fished for about an hour and caught 10.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raising4sons View Post
    We had good luck. We fished for a couple hours on Wednesday and got 30. We fished for maybe an hour or hour and a half on Thursday and caught 45 to finish our limit. We were fishing with 2 nets from a raft.

Thursday was bomber...18k, biggest count in 4 years! We went up yesterday afternoon, fished mid-flood, six in two hours, somewhat slow again....
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by raising4sons View Post

Sorry, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not Wednesday and Thursday.

My niece finished with a family of 3 on Wednesday and Thursday last week from the north beach. Not sure how many hours a day they out in, but 4 nets captured 69 sockeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 15, south beach, one net, 7 hours, one red.

My daughter and I dipped from a boat Friday eve and Sat morn and brought home 31. Dipping was most productive on the north shore Friday eve, then south shore Sat morn. The catch rate fell to near zero about 2 hours after the setnet EO opener began Sat morn...no surprise.

4 days ago ( Thursday), took the wife dipping south shore. One net dipping 4.5 hours netted 7 fish. That session was thru low slack and a couple hours on the rise.
    Next day, Friday, she dipped 4 hours and netted ten fish on the same low slack and then incoming tide. Both our sessions were about par for the course there. South beach. No surprise but Friday eve became quite crowded. Glad to get out of there.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Anyone know if the comm boys are out today(Thur) or tomorrow (Friday)? Thanks.
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Call the hotline (907)262-9611. I believe they fished a normal opener on Thursday.

They fished 11 am to 11 pm on Thursday. Mandatory closure on fridays. Earliest they could start fishing on Saturday is 11 am. Call that hotline number after 4 pm today and it will likely have the verdict on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up to the minute current report........Reallly sloooooow!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast