Thread: Binocular Harness

Default Binocular Harness

Can anyone recommend a good binocular harness for hunting? I know there are a bunch on the market but I would like some information if you have one you particularly like better than the rest. Thanks, schmidty

Just go grab the ones they have at sportsmans (or your sporting-goods store of choice). Pretty sure they are all the same idea. Have the boone and crockett ones and they are the same as everything else I've seen just with different stamps in the leather piece in the back.

Forum Sponsor

We have been selling the Optech one with elastic and it is very well received buy all those that use it, http://www.cameralandny.com/opticacc...nocularharness
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Get the Nimrod, no bounce and keeps your binos close to your body without strangling you....K

Default Sportsmans warehouse

I use the sportsamns warehouse brand and they are fantastic. Soooooo much better than a strap around the neck
    Justin

I went to the sportsman's warehouse and the guy there recommended one type over the others that the had there (crooked horn or crooked creek or something) I got those and am happy with them.

I had the crooked horn...switched to Nimrod...way better!!!! of course your going to pay a little more

Default Another good one

I haven't made a comparison study or anything, but I like the BinocSock I have:

http://www.binocsock.com/

Default Maddog

I have the crooked Horn Harness and one in camo from a similar maker. I recently bought a Maddog gear Bino Manager. It's much better than my other two.
    1- Binos don't bounce or swing
    2- more protective of my expensive binos

Second, or third the Nimrod. A little more expensive, but outstanding and worth a little extra.

So who makes the Nimrod and where can I see one?

I went looking at bino harnesses this year and found that they were nothing more that two elastic loops sewed together in an x pattern on the back with couple plastic clips that slide up and down the elastic. All for 25 bucks. I made a bino harness out of an old pair of elastic suspenders and plastic snaphooks off a nylon strap. Works great and cost me nothing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default could I see that snyd?

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    I went looking at bino harnesses this year and found that they were nothing more that two elastic loops sewed together in an x pattern on the back with couple plastic clips that slide up and down the elastic. All for 25 bucks. I made a bino harness out of an old pair of elastic suspenders and plastic snaphooks off a nylon strap. Works great and cost me nothing.
    Sounds reasonable...could you post or send me a photo of your "perry-paten" product? I don't have a pair of suspenders, but I bet I could pick a pair up at the salvation army for a little bit of nothing.

-Joshua